Hellsing Ultimate Volume 2

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ccwarnick
Org Profile

Hellsing Ultimate Volume 2

Post by ccwarnick » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 am

Has anyone been able to rip the second episode of the Hellsing OVA, I have tried 2 different programs now and it cant get past the first VOB file. The disk is brand new so its not scratched. I have never had a problem ripping a dvd before this one, does it have some type of new copy protection or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
Still lurking after all these years.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:37 am

if it does try a program called ripit4me, it works with dvd decryptor... ive used it when dvd decryptor alone has failed

ccwarnick
Org Profile

Post by ccwarnick » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks alot JaddziaDax, you have to be one of the most helpful people on this forum. :up:

I havent tested it yet because im at work right now but it looks like its the utility I was looking for. I have never come accross a DVD that has givin me problems like this one, even the first volume of the Hellsing OVA ripped without any problems.

they might want to think about putting that in the ripping guide, not sure how common this problem is but it cant be too rare if they made a program specifically for that problem.

thanks again.
Still lurking after all these years.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:24 am

I've come across this problem with both Hellsing OVA 2 and Black Lagoon d. 2. I'll try this to see if it works.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:56 am

I tried ripping OVA 2 with RipIt4Me and the normal AMVapp tools. It failed every time. I could get the VOB files (barely) with the former program, but when you play them back, a short ways in the video would become corrupted. I'd also like to know what's up with this.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:14 pm

i am in the exact same boat. i have 2 and 3 of ultimate hellsing and DVDecrypter, Ripit4Me, and one other (i forget which) do not work. the files are corrupted if they get ripped at all.

it's so bizarre, because disc 1 had no problem ripping. they must have changed their encoder or something...

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i am in the exact same boat. i have 2 and 3 of ultimate hellsing and DVDecrypter, Ripit4Me, and one other (i forget which) do not work. the files are corrupted if they get ripped at all.
DVDShrink! that's the one i forgot

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 pm

i ripped Hellsing Ultimate 2 just last week using Anydvd and Dvd decrypter and it worked fantastically - the dvd is copyright protected, so anydvd removes the protection and then decrypter can read it

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:29 pm

*as a side note, almost every (if not every) commercial dvd has copy protection, that's why you can't just copy the files straight off the dvd. Not all dvd rippers can handle every protection method, and I don't think the "problem" with disks like Hellsing ultimate ova and Gankutsuou, etc... has been specifically identified

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:09 am

I had a similar problem a while back with Ova 2 and 3. Use DVDFAB platinum. You can download a trial off their website.
*sips tea*

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”