How do I make my video size smaller?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

How do I make my video size smaller?

Postby xDarkShurikenx » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:29 pm

I rendered as .avi and I got about 300mb for a 2 minute video. How can I make it at least down to 150 without losing a lot of the quality?
xDarkShurikenx

Postby Minion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:32 pm

what codec
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Minion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm

eh - why do i ask.
compress with xvid.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby xDarkShurikenx » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:37 pm

sorry im an idoit so how?
xDarkShurikenx

Postby Minion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:44 pm

open in vdubmod - video>compression -xvid
streams>view streams (?) ) right click, full processing , lame mp3 , not looking at it right now, so just pick the top one. should be fine.
file>save as>whatever.avi
Minion

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:49 pm

compress your Video and your Audio
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Minion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:50 pm

disregard my post. read that^
Minion

Re: How do I make my video size smaller?

Postby GH » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 am

xDarkShurikenx wrote:I rendered as .avi and I got about 300mb for a 2 minute video. How can I make it at least down to 150 without losing a lot of the quality?

you could just convert it to wmv or.....nvm,you might not want to try that out as it will take a hit on the visual quality as well as the sound,but if you cant find another way to do it juss convert it to wmv or somethin,i can give you a link to a converter,if you want to use converting as your last resort
GH

Postby NS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:08 am

Wow. Read above posts before postin' in a help thread dude. Especially if you barely know what you're talkin' about. XD
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby GH » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:12 am

NerdStrudel wrote:Wow. Read above posts before postin' in a help thread dude. Especially if you barely know what you're talkin' about. XD

:lol: hmmmmmm...ok,but mine would work as a last resort as i might have to say again,as in if he/she cant find vdub,or anything that would make his/her file smaller
GH

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 am

virtualdub is available on this site in the amvapp
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby GH » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:28 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:virtualdub is available on this site in the amvapp

o,ok :D
GH

Postby Tab. » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:17 pm

H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*H.264 IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE, MAN *TAKES A HIT*
Tab.

Postby Scintilla » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Tab. wrote:[truncated]

Dude, you're not helping the cause. :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:05 pm

when they get an OFFICIAL GUIDE for h.264/x.264 then I will start posting those,

the current guide for those codecs is still in BETA right now so until Zarx releases the FINAL, Ima post the XVID guide
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Next

Return to Footage Help