Virtual dub modified: what's it for?

elbo
Org Profile

Virtual dub modified: what's it for?

Post by elbo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:39 pm

I am using the modified version of Virtualdub to edit anime riped from a dvd. As a blind fool, I must know: what is the purpose of virtualdub? :?:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm

vdubmod can be used for a few different things, but people on this site primarily use it to convert (usually with the help of avisynth) and encode video.
another common use is to make smaller clips from your large dvd files (for use in your editing program)

elbo
Org Profile

Post by elbo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:30 pm

alright then. But answer me this: when it saves a file it processes it so that the video skips from each frame. What's the reason for this :?:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:36 pm

not quite sure what you mean by that...can you try wording it differently?

the encoding can go at different fps, sometimes it can be 3fps, then a second later it can be processing it at 15fps

if the output looks jerky upon playback then that's most liekly not due to vdubmod

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm

elbo wrote:alright then. But answer me this: when it saves a file it processes it so that the video skips from each frame. What's the reason for this :?:
Are you looking at the VirtualDubMod input/output screens when the file's encoding? Those don't show every frame. If you want to be sure that your file exported correctly, open it up and play it back.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Video & Audio Help”