So I have this massive VOB

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:01 pm

Oh, sorry. I thought you had only a part of the screen show up, which is why I asked for a screenshot. So forget that.

The GUI is what you see when you start a program that doesn't run in command line (Like MS DOS). So Shazzy probably meant that you should try loading the .d2v in VDM? I don't think that would work, though.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:37 am

Gepetto wrote:Oh, sorry. I thought you had only a part of the screen show up, which is why I asked for a screenshot. So forget that.

The GUI is what you see when you start a program that doesn't run in command line (Like MS DOS). So Shazzy probably meant that you should try loading the .d2v in VDM? I don't think that would work, though.
Correct. I have tried loading it into VDM, it didn't work. VDM doesn't recognize the file type.

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm

So I'm assuming I'm SOL with this then?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:33 pm

You didn't change the in and out points in DGIndex when you saved the D2V file, or anything?

VirtualDubMod may not be able to open D2V files, but it can open VOBs directly. Though I'm not sure if that helps you with what you're trying to do in this case...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 pm

To answer your question: I have not made ANY changes to DGindex. I want to use it as a way to get the footage I want without having the audio increase the file size of my clips.

I *AM* able to load the VOB into VDM and not "lose" any of the show.

Again, I really don't want the audio with it though... it seems like that would massively increase my file size for no good reason (seeing as I don't want the audio, I just want non-ugly clips).

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:45 am

I have figured out the problem.

User error.

I didn't realize when you wanted to save a project that you need to actually let the program have 2 minutes or so to SAVE the file. I thought it was done automatically.

Doh.

Thanks for the help.

Now I'm screwed though.... I have to try and get my head around scripts to clean up all the footage I plan to make.

(My head already hurts)

Return to “AviSynth Help”