New to AviSynth and have a question

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
gwestrate
Org Profile

New to AviSynth and have a question

Post by gwestrate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:25 pm

I downloaded the AmvApp program from here and installed it on my puter. I am taking my time and learning how it works by using the guides. One question though. I have used premiere pro 2.0 to edit some of my new vids and i exported them to my harddrive in avi...Can i use AviSynth to clean those up or do i have to redo the entire vid using AviSynth in conjuction with Premiere? Also if i can clean them up any suggestions as to the best scripts to use? .....Thanks ahead of time for any help you give. :?
If its not for fun then why do it!

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:37 pm

you can use avisynth at any time during the amv-making process, but some things are better done early (like de-interlacing/IVTC-ing)

avisynth has a command called AviSource() which you can use to work on your finished video.

as far as the best script, it varies from source to source. you may be able to find something in the suggested scripts thread or in the old amvwiki.
generally, you'll probably be doing IVTC, smoothing and sharpening (in that order) and maybe cropping & resizing but again, it all depends on your source.

if you could upload a 1-minute sample somewhere (avi or vob preferably the latter) I can give you a suggestion as to what should be done

gwestrate
Org Profile

Thanks Kariudo

Post by gwestrate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Ok just wasnt sure when and when not to Use it...Sometimes the guides are a bit vague but that should help... Will try to upload a small piece of the avi....Mostly the one that needs help is Initial d 1st stage....Just really fuzzy...Also what export settings in premiere are best or should i use something from the Apps?....Thanks again for your help

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:57 pm

premiere pro (all versions so far) suck at exporting
pretty much the only thing that is sure to not give you problems is exporting as uncompressed avi

gwestrate
Org Profile

Thought so

Post by gwestrate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Yeah ive heard that alot....What are the settings for uncompressed avi and can u use the deinterlace in premiere or should i do it else where?....And thanks for you help Kariudo i appreciate it greatly.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:36 pm

you don't have to change many of the export settings (since it defaults to your project settings)
don't let premiere de-interlace, if you haven't done it already it's too late. (you can do it, but it'l mess up all of your sync)
for compression/compressor just select uncompressed/none.
all the audio settings should be fine
all the (other) video settings should be fine (just check to make sure that optimize stills is unchecked)

I'm using pro 1.5, but it should be fairly similar

gwestrate
Org Profile

Ok

Post by gwestrate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Ok that makes sense also i kind of answered my own question went and looked in the guide and found settings for pro...And you mean if i deinterlace now i throws off my syncing with the music is that right? and the lypsync?.....ohhh joy....Well im just going to have to play with it and see what happens...Thanks Kariudo :)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:03 pm

when you de-interlace (at least using telecide or TFM) it restores the progressive frames, but the blended frames (which are now unblended) are still there.

to get rid of those you use something like decimate or Tdecimate. it makes your footage look like it should (smooth motion, like watching it interlaced except without the artifacts) but this step changes the framerate of your video. (from 29.97fps to ~23.9fps if you're using NTSC footage)

there might be ways of getting rid of interlacing artifacts without changing the framerate...but I do not know of any

gwestrate
Org Profile

Yup ....

Post by gwestrate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Yeah thats sort of how they explained it in the guide.....Well i will mess around with it and let you know.....And thanks much for the help Kariudo!! :)

Return to “AviSynth Help”