In Trouble with the Deen

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
MaximoffZero
Org Profile

In Trouble with the Deen

Post by MaximoffZero » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Hey,

I'm fooling around with different noise filters in Avisynth because my usual filters don't seem to be cutting it. I downloaded Deen and took a look at some sample scripts. The sample scripts used a function called "w3d", but when I tried to use it Avisynth said it was an invalid function. My guess is that I'm using an outdated version of Deen. If that's the case, could some one direct me to an updated copy of it (and if that's not the case, tell me what's going on)? Thanks in advance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Did you put w3d between apostrophes, i.e. Deen("w3d",x,x,x)?

S.

MaximoffZero
Org Profile

Post by MaximoffZero » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Yes I did. I believe I even tried it without the "" and it still came back invalid.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:12 pm

Did you load the plugin in your script? Or create an avsi file for it?

S.

MaximoffZero
Org Profile

Post by MaximoffZero » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:19 pm

I just loaded the plugin. Should I be using an avsi?

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:22 pm

You don't *have* to, no. But it automates whatever command you put in it, so when you install a new plugin, you can just add an extra "loadplugin" command in the file so you won't have to manually type the command in each script...

Is it working, now?

S.

MaximoffZero
Org Profile

Post by MaximoffZero » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Well, I actually am not looking at the script right now. I'm telling you all this from memory. I'll have to check it when I get home.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Then all I can suggest is, make sure you've installed the plugin in the right directory, that you haven't mistyped Deen("w3d",x,x,x) and that you've used Loadplugin("path") either in your script or in an avsi file.

I have another idea if that still doesn't work: Deen is included in the AMVApp's presets. You'd first have to uninstall Avisynth, though, and make sure to uncheck any other application included in the App during the installation procedure, or else the installation will go wrong.

If it still doesn't work, then just come back and someone will be able to help you more than I can: I'm used to checking the basics because that's always where my own problems lie, but that's about it! ^_^

S.

MaximoffZero
Org Profile

Post by MaximoffZero » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks for all your help. I'll be home in a few hours and I'll try the script again. If it still doesn't work after all those suggestions, I'll let you (and anyone else who reads this thread) know.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Sereenie wrote:any other application included in the App during the installation procedure
That isn't clear: I meant that any application already installed on your computer and also included in the AMVApp needs to be unchecked during the installation procedure.

Good luck!

S.

Return to “AviSynth Help”