MP4 - convert - .AVI

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

MP4 - convert - .AVI

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Ok, this is another prob of mine :? :? :? :? my MP4 file won't open in VDubMod w/c is I have the codec to compress or watever it is. So I as someone I trust and he help me out before in my VDubMod prob. But this time we/he couldn't open it in VDubMod then he say that I need to install it this:

x264
Matroska Splitter
AviSynth_208
3ivx_d4_451_win

and I did a notepad saying DirectShow: ("C:\My Video Name.mp4") ConvertToYV12() and still didn't work. So can you plz. tell me :? :? :? :? what or how can I convert this file MP4 to .avi :cry: :cry:

:? Any help is appreciated, Hope this time would be easy than the last :cry: :cry: :? :? :? :?

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: MP4 - convert - .AVI

Post by Willen » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 am

chealsealina wrote:x264
Matroska Splitter
AviSynth_208
3ivx_d4_451_win
Unless you are going to make MP4 video files, you don't need 3ivx. Plus, there is a better software package for doing so. Same goes for x264, unless you are intending to encode your videos to H.264 instead of XviD/DivX, WMV, or other, you don't need it. x264 is a H.264 encoder only (at least it is now), not a decoder.

If you can play the MP4 in Windows Media Player, then you are halfway there. If not, install the CCCP which should install a customized ffdshow codec for playing back primarily anime. Along the way, it should also install a file splitter capable of handling MP4 files (Haali Media Splitter/Matroska Splitter).

Now that we can play the file, we can move on...

AviSynth 2.0.8 is an older version that may not fully support some of the newer filters available. I suggest using AviSynth 2.5.6a, it is the most stable of the current v2.5 branch.
chealsealina wrote:and I did a notepad saying DirectShow: ("C:\My Video Name.mp4") ConvertToYV12() and still didn't work.
Open notepad and type this:

Code: Select all

DirectShowSource("C:\My Video Name.mp4")
For example, if my file is named LocoRocoTrailer.mp4 and it is in my D:\Download\PSPLocoRoco folder, I would type the line like this:

Code: Select all

DirectShowSource("D:\Download\PSPLocoRoco\LocoRocoTrailer.mp4")
Save the file with a .avs extension (not .txt) and open the file in VirtualDubMod.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 pm

umm... ok but I didn't get it the vdub error window say before the file in C:\ drive cannot locate the file so I did put C:\ but why you say I make D:\ :? :? :?

but i will try if works fine :?

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:07 pm

chealsealina wrote:umm... ok but I didn't get it the vdub error window say before the file in C:\ drive cannot locate the file so I did put C:\ but why you say I make D:\ :? :? :?

but i will try if works fine :?
He was just giving you an example
Don't use D:\ unless thats the hard drive your video is saved to

If you still have your Onegai Teacher folder saved to your c:/ drive, then your video will still be

DirectShowSource("c:/[NF] Onegai Teacher DVDrip 01-13 + Extras + Music Collection [h264+AAC]/[NF] Onegai Teacher DVDrip 01 [h264+AAC] [A05C5DF4].mp4")

Willen can probably help you with the rest
You have FFdshow and Haali Splitter installed already
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm

yeah... it is in my C:\ that you told me, right?

so I need ti dl and install the CCP and AviSyinth 2.5.6a ??? :? :? :?

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:30 pm

well if you can play the mp4 in windows media player then you probably don't need to install the CCCP.
Try opening your file in windows media player and see will it play.

From what i know you already have
FFdshow
Haali Media Splitter
AviSynth

When you tried to open the avisynth (.avs) script in virtualdub
the FFdshow icon appeard first then the Haali Splitter icon appeared then the program closed right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:38 pm

yea it is... but i never try to play it in wmp and i will try now to play in WMP and also willen say the avisynth is old version so should I install it now in my pc???

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:46 pm

ok i did right now but it didn't play in media player???

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 pm

ok I dl the CCP and the AviSynth the new version but when I install the CCCP O recive window alert that say my Morgan *blah* Stream is working to disable it click ok so I did to run the installation of CCCP the how can I config the ffdshow now I got the CCCP and the Avisynth :? :? :?

Plz. respond soon I'm waiting :) :? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:25 am

chealsealina wrote:ok I dl the CCP and the AviSynth the new version but when I install the CCCP O recive window alert that say my Morgan *blah* Stream is working to disable it click ok so I did to run the installation of CCCP the how can I config the ffdshow now I got the CCCP and the Avisynth :? :? :?

Plz. respond soon I'm waiting :) :? :cry: :cry: :cry:
If the video plays, then open notepad, copy this:

DirectShowSource("c:/[NF] Onegai Teacher DVDrip 01-13 + Extras + Music Collection [h264+AAC]/[NF] Onegai Teacher DVDrip 01 [h264+AAC] [A05C5DF4].mp4")

Then save the file as OnegaiTeacher01.avs (or whatever name you like, just make sure you end it with .avs instead of .txt.

Then open the .avs file in VirtualDubMod.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”