Some question

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Some question

Postby Silveringking » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:13 pm

hi how are you all?

since now sorry guys probably you're just bored of this kind of topic but i rly rly have some questions.

Well i tried how to learn AviSynth's for "cleaning videos" usage, but i still dont understand rly well how to this... i saw the guides but they have so much useless information (with no ofense) that only confused me...
So can you guys give me some information about how to use AviSynth for "cleaning" in virtualdub and how to choose my plugins?

Since now thank you ^^

Ps: I dont want to skip the basics they're very important, but i rly want a help to select the information what i just need.
Silveringking

Postby Moonie » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:00 pm

You read this section right?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... tqual.html
This shows alot of ways to improve video quality and compressibility
You will need to experiment with different plugins to see what works best for your video.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Moonie
Give me some candy!

Postby Silveringking » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:04 pm

moonie211 wrote:You read this section right?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... tqual.html
This shows alot of ways to improve video quality and compressibility
You will need to experiment with different plugins to see what works best for your video.

yup that was the first section that i readed... but i still confused about how to start, i'm a bit noob in these things ^^
Silveringking

Postby Kariudo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:17 pm

wha?!? useless???
Blasphemy! kill the n00b with fire!

ok now...the cleaning that you need to do depends on the source.
so, what series are you using?

but before you hop into getting plugins/filters you need to know how to use avisynth...that boring/"useless" stuff is the base for doing other things.

to use a function, you need to know its name and any parameters that you need to specify.
Let's say that you want to use TFM() (part of an IVTC method)
it has default values...but to make the result look better you can specify some of the parameters.
The list of parameters is:
int order, int field, int mode, int PP. string ovr, string input, string output,
string outputC, bool debug, bool display, int slow, bool mChroma, int cNum,
int cthresh, int MI, bool chroma, int blockx, int blocky, int y0, int y1,
int mthresh, PClip clip2, string d2v, int ovrDefault, int flags, double sco,
int micout, int micmatching, string trimIn, int hint, int metric, bool batch,
int opt

they all do different things...some more important than others. (you don't have to specify all of the parameters)
you'll have to read the documentation for the plugin to know what everything does.
In the end, this is what I ended up doing for one of my scripts (part of it)
TFM(order=-1,mode=5,PP=7,field=-1,slow=2)

you have to do this in a program like notepad, and when you save, be sure to add .avs at the end of the name

I put a lot of plugins into a directory that autoloads them for me (so I don't have to use loadPlugin())...but this is what an aviSynth script looks like in notepad
Code: Select all
mpeg2Source("E:\AMV Production\Eva\disk1.d2v")
TFM(order=-1,mode=5,PP=7,field=-1,slow=2)
tdecimate(mode=1)
RemoveGrain()
warpsharp()
Deen("a3d", 1)
ConvertToYUY2()
FixBrokenChromaUpsampling()

before and after:
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Shazzy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:35 pm

If you really hate trying to write scripts for AviSynth, you can just use VirtualDubMod to clean your footage. AviSynth gives you more options, but VirtualDubMod's GUI may be easier for you to use.

VDM comes with some built-in filters, and you can download more here: http://neuron2.net. For example, if you go this this page of that site, you'll see a "Denoise filter" and a "Noise reduction" filter. Download those, stick them in VDM's plugins folder, and then use them in the Filters section of the program.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.
Shazzy

Return to Footage Help