Vdubmod Question (problem after getting amvapp)

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Vdubmod Question (problem after getting amvapp)

Post by ForeverZeroo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:17 pm

I was told to download AMVapp. I had Vdubmod before hand. It worked perfectly. Ever since then Vdubmod has been screwy. I normally cant open most video files with them...most of which i think are because of Xvid. The only way i seem to be able to open videos in Vdubmod is by opening through avisynth (i bleieve its called). Only problem is its A LOT more work then it should be when you have a multi-anime video, and also i cant seem to crop my subtitles off my anime when i open through AVIsynth. SO i have a few questions.

1. Any idea what happened to Vdubmod since i downloaded AMVapp (PS: I have tried instailling over again)
2. Any idea how i could crop my video?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:41 pm

might be because of ffdshow/haali media splitter.
go to the settings (for CCCP) and deselect "enable avi support"
then go to the settings for ffdshow, in the codecs menu, disable libvacodec for everything that you have other codecs for (like divx, xvid, avisynth, mpeg-2, etc)

for cropping, you can either apply the null filter (doesn't do anything to your video...but since you need to have at least one filter applied to be able to crop in vdubmod, it's the one you'll want to use)

you could also do this with AviSynth by adding the following line to your script

Code: Select all

crop(int left, int top, int right, int bottom)
where left and top are positive integers, and right and bottom are negative integers

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Yeah i figured out just now how to crop with avisynth...im tweeking it.

ill try what you said in a bit

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:33 pm

Kariudo wrote:for cropping, you can either apply the null filter (doesn't do anything to your video...but since you need to have at least one filter applied to be able to crop in vdubmod, it's the one you'll want to use)

you could also do this with AviSynth by adding the following line to your script

Code: Select all

crop(int left, int top, int right, int bottom)
where left and top are positive integers, and right and bottom are negative integers
As a rule of thumb, I always use VDubMod's null transform/cropping function to figure out the values, and then simply use those in the script.

One thing about cropping in AviSynth: unless your video is already in RGB colorspace, make sure that the values are divisible by 2; if you want to use non-even values and the video isn't RGB, you'll need to add ConvertToRGB24() before Crop(), and then after that's done and the video is resized back to even dimensions, to use ConvertToYV12(), or whatever colorspace the next desired filter - like deen, for example - requires

Return to “Video & Audio Help”