Installation File Missing mpeg2dec3dg.dll filter

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
GForce4
Org Profile

Installation File Missing mpeg2dec3dg.dll filter

Post by GForce4 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:12 am

Hi, I've always wanted to use DVD footage for video editing and I stummbled upon this site that was just perfect for what I needed. I recently downloaded the AMVapp download package today and began testing if Avisynth was installed properly. The first three tests went by without a hitch (I have version 2.56) but when it came to the YUY2 colourspace test I got the classic "There is no such command: MPEG2Source" response.

Well I after reading "A&E's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video mk 2" it said that I was missing the mpeg2dec3dg.dll filter and all I needed to do was re-install the program so went into AMVapp's installation folder and re-installed Avisynth but that did not fix the problem. Going into the actual folder i noticed that the filter in question was still missing. I remember reading in the fourms that it could have been misplaced and located somwhere else on my PC so I ran a search to locate it but to no avail.

So is there a huge error I'm making or is there some sort of underlying error I have yet to be aware of?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:01 am

if your want a filter - theres a good chance you can easily find it by using google and just downloading it into your plugin folder.

if you are using mpeg2source() and you used dgIndex to create a .d2v file i thinks its more common now to load the "DGDecode.dll" that comes with more recent versions. If you put DGDecode.dll into your plugin folder mpeg2source should work.

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:41 am

Everytime you miss dlls check out his site:
www.dll-files.com

Maybe you have than to open the dll at the beginning of the script with:
LoadPlugn("C:\Path of file\whatever.dll")
ImageImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 am

You should not be missing any required file after installing AMVApp.

Uninstall AMVApp, uninstall Avisynth. Go and make sure you are downloading the latest version of AMVApp and install it again.

GForce4
Org Profile

Post by GForce4 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:42 pm

Wow thanks for being so prompt with your responses. Well I took your guys' advice and I'm happy to say that all the test worked out, thanks for putting up with such a newbieish question like mine.

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:25 pm

That´s not noobish, that´s technical unluck :wink:
ImageImageImage

Return to “AviSynth Help”