Converting 120 FPS to 24 or 30 FPS

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Gepetto wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:120fps, upscaled, WMV9 VCM encodes in MKV).
There is a reason why people commit suicide and I think you just nailed it.
I've just decided that technology will simplify this problem on it's own, where it will eventually be another one of those processes that I take for granted. 6 years ago, I wasn't able to edit with ANY footage that I could find, and now it's a rarity that I would come across something that I can't render properly.

I have decided that it is in fact the source footage that is giving me problems, and I am able to cleanly edit with and render other h264 120FPS footage.

I thank you for all of your possible solutions and suggestions. I actually did try each suggestion, 2 and 3 times, to no avail I was hoping to take the easy way into editing. Instead of killing myself over this matter, I am working on a different project.

Again, if someone is absolutely gung ho about resolving this problem, and really thinks that they can turn out a non-choppy version of this footage using AVISynth (if you develop scripts for AVISynth) I've definately got some project footage here for you to play with.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:28 pm

h.264 120fps footage... >_<

If all else fails try this.

Convert the video to another codec using Graphedit (keeping the 120fps framerate) Then open the new video in Virtualdub
Go to "video" then select "frame rate"
Uncheck "Process all frames" and select "Convert to fps" then put in 29.970
Then save the video.
That might work. Here is an example with some 120fps footage i had

Before:
http://download.yousendit.com/2F87FA5A517F0184
After:
http://download.yousendit.com/9B79E7DB072DC901
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AviSynth Help”