from movie maker to media player..

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:50 pm

And if you want to get your video in Virtualdubmod you have to save it as a "DV-AVI". It won't take wmvs.
¯\(°_o)/¯

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:And if you want to get your video in Virtualdubmod you have to save it as a "DV-AVI". It won't take wmvs.
Actually, if you are using an AVI Synth script, it will. Just use the directshowsource("yourvideonamehere.wmv") and you should be good to go. I have had to use it for some MEP pieces, and it is better than having to convert my WMVs to DVAVI in WMM. But DVAVI will give you the best quality hands down as a direct output from WMM.

Beware, though. The file size will probably shock you if you are used to your 16MB or even your 40MB WMV files.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:37 pm

jubjub2 wrote:
Cornwiggle wrote:And if you want to get your video in Virtualdubmod you have to save it as a "DV-AVI". It won't take wmvs.
Actually, if you are using an AVI Synth script, it will. Just use the directshowsource("yourvideonamehere.wmv") and you should be good to go. I have had to use it for some MEP pieces, and it is better than having to convert my WMVs to DVAVI in WMM. But DVAVI will give you the best quality hands down as a direct output from WMM.
Actually, you can get better quality if you use a custom profile to export a WMV file with a really high bitrate (I'm talking on the level of a DVD-compliant MPEG-2 here).

I forget where DownWithPants's guide to the process is, but if you can't or don't want to make one yourself, you can download this one that I made - http://www.aquilinestudios.org/VHQWMV2.prx - and save it to the <b>C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles</b> directory. Then, when next you open WMM and try to save a movie file, the profile should show up as "Very high quality WMV, 29.97 fps" in the "Other" category of exporting options (where DV AVI is).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:54 am

=\ Shouldn't this go in the Video Software Help section?

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”