AVISynth - Perserving Intentional Noise

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Coffee 54
Org Profile

AVISynth - Perserving Intentional Noise

Post by Coffee 54 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:28 am

How do you go about perserving intentional noise which may have been added to a few scenes of a video, without shutting off your smoothing filters for the whole thing? Is there a way to turn them off for a specific section(s) of a video, or is there another filter to be added?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:07 am

video = avisource("finalrenderhuffy.avi")

v1 = video.trim(firstframe,lastframe) #first part of video that doesn't have noise

v2 = video.trim(firstframe,lastframe) #part that has noise

v3 = video.trim(firstframe,lastframe) #next part that doesn't have noise

v1.addfiltershere.morehere.andhere.andhrerealso.untilyouaredone

v3.addthe.same.filtersas.v1here

return v1 + v2 + v3

so basically if you can't follow that, you are separating the parts that you don't want to smooth out with the ones you do... then applying only the smoothing filters to those and then adding them all together.

or you could do all your smoothing to the source itself so you don't have to do any smoothing on the final render.

Pwolf

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:17 pm

Thanks, that did the trick. I was even able to apply both methods as most of the static I had to perserve fell in two distinct sections. To which it was easy to just not apply the filters. The one exception would be a small bit earily in the video that falls into one of the larger sections. For that I did the whole 'v1 = video.trim' thing.

Return to “AviSynth Help”