SUPER

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
DarkKakarot
Org Profile

SUPER

Post by DarkKakarot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:12 pm

This is another Free conversion program. It's called SUPER.

http://www.erightsoft.net/S7f01.html

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:00 pm

Wow. Who would have guessed it sucks so much? The output files can make eyes bleed. Beware.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

katattack
Org Profile

Post by katattack » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:22 pm

Actually, It's a pretty good program. I've used it for the past 6 months and if the output looks horrible than it's only because the wrong selections have been made. I've been able to convert avi,mkv,ogg,ogm,etc files quite easily. I've used it to fix broken video and to remove sound track from movies for AMV's. Granted it isn't a pretty looking program but it gets the job done. :wink:

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:07 pm

So, basically, it's the mplayer project wrapped up in a rather nauseous GUI?

I think I'll just go <a href="http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html">here</a>, thanks :roll:

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:48 am

katattack wrote:Actually, It's a pretty good program. I've used it for the past 6 months and if the output looks horrible than it's only because the wrong selections have been made. I've been able to convert avi,mkv,ogg,ogm,etc files quite easily. I've used it to fix broken video and to remove sound track from movies for AMV's. Granted it isn't a pretty looking program but it gets the job done. :wink:
No, it's because it does stuff to the video track instead of just swapping containers. utting your file in .avi, .ogm, .mkv or .mp4 should NOT alter video quality at all. The fact that it does proves that this software is an evil spawn of Satan sent from the firey pits of Hell to devour the souls of the unaware.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:15 pm

It does better in converting flv files than any other free program that I've seen. Bitch all you want about what it does to the quality.. I can actually convert flv to huffyuv and wav format. OMG its teh suck.. ummm.. no. Now I can actually convert videos I download off of youtube and put them into vegas no problem. It's golden. Two thumbs up in that aspect. Also this program is recommended all the time at http://www.videohelp.com

Even Baldrick, the administrator who has created great guides for programs such as mencoder, AutoGK, Windows Media Encoder, Virtualdub, etc has recommended this program many times. I don't care only about visual quality with converting.. it is a priority depending on what I'm trying to accomplish, I don't know if what Gepetto says about this program is true, but IMO for at least conversions for flv files, this is one of the best programs around.

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:05 pm

i use it mainly for the 3gp option to chuck movies on the mobile phone. Like X_REX & katattack noted i found it very good at converting any file i throw at it.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:38 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Now I can actually convert videos I download off of hosatchel and put them into vegas no problem.
I lol ant pity at you...

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:51 pm

x_rex30 wrote:It does better in converting flv files than any other free program that I've seen. Bitch all you want about what it does to the quality.. I can actually convert flv to huffyuv and wav format. OMG its teh suck.. ummm.. no. Now I can actually convert videos I download off of hosatchel and put them into vegas no problem.
AviSynth can do that too, of course, by using DirectShowSource (provided you have the necessary DirectShow filter for flv files, like the combo flv/vp6 one on RareWares). You can actually just dump the audio straight from the things with Graphedit, but DirectShowSource can handle it too - the audio is usually just a normal MP3 stream.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:29 am

x_rex30 wrote:It does better in converting flv files than any other free program that I've seen. Bitch all you want about what it does to the quality.. I can actually convert flv to huffyuv and wav format. OMG its teh suck.. ummm.. no.
Give mencoder a try. As I wrote above, this is just a very big GUI around it all.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”