(Check here first) PS2/PS1 Ripping (All links here)

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 pm

lets be clear this is not a request thread, so if you don't have anything constructive to post, buzz off.
i'm trying not to curse here. :evil:

and i do have something,
working emulator for kingdom hearts
catch the news at ngemu
http://www.ngemu.com/index.php#item1909

what this means ?
this means you can losslessly capture the footage if haven't figure that out.
well goodluck with framerate :wink:

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Hex

Post by Prodigi » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:15 am

seeing how there was quite a few people asking about fixing those two faulty clips from FFX when using FFX2MOV, and the forum with the information to fixing it is dead, i decided to do it myself, and i've written a little guide on how to fix them, which i have posted on my angelfire site. Here's the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/prodigi/

the "guide" basically tells you what program (or type of program) you need, and why the error occurs and how to fix it within 2 minutes (literally).

If there are any problems (as there might be as i self-taught myself everything i use in that guide) please feel free to PM me, or leave a message in this thread, or even email me at:

Prodigi249@hotmail.com

hope it all goes well. Good luck.

japonky
Org Profile

Post by japonky » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:38 pm

Does anybody know how to extract movies off of Xenosaga I?

I know most of the scenes are rendered in real time but I know there some movies on there too. I tried following Castor's Final Fantasy rip guide but it doesn't work for Xenosaga.

Froilan
Org Profile

Final Fantasy X/X-2 ingame footage?

Post by Froilan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 am

Okay, I dont know if this really has to do with ripping, but I will ask anyway.

Does any of you know how to rip Final fantasy ingame footage?
I mean, as in cutscenes, not FMW.
Like the talk before the spring in Final fantasy X?
I´ve asked around when oping peoples videos where I have seen ingame footage, but none of them have replied.

Well.. if any of you know, pleease tell me if there is an ripping program for it.. or if it has to do with a capture card or.. anything!

Thanks!

Ps. Sorry about my bad english :$ DS.
"I will live with my sorrow.. I will live my own life. I will stand my ground and be strong. I dont know when it will be but someday.. I will conquer it.. And I will do it without.. false hope."

The14thGOD
Org Profile

Post by The14thGOD » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:20 pm

theres 2 ways you could do it (that i know of)
1: capture card (output ur computer into the vcr/tv and record it, bad quality though)
2: (Recommended) use the program Fraps and an emulator, set a key to record with, and then full screen the game, when u want to record hit the key, if u want to stop hit the same key again (saves in uncompressed avi format, so make sure u have lots of space)

http://www.fraps.com/

Froilan
Org Profile

Thanks!

Post by Froilan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:02 am

Oh, hey, thanks alot!

I am not pretty sure that I understand though :S

But I will try, and if it doesn´t work, I´ll come back to you ;D
Thanks again!
"I will live with my sorrow.. I will live my own life. I will stand my ground and be strong. I dont know when it will be but someday.. I will conquer it.. And I will do it without.. false hope."

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:37 am

New addition:

The FFX-2 ripping guide also applies to the PS2 version of RE4 :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

eelw
Org Profile

Post by eelw » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:50 am

Castor Troy wrote:New addition:

Can you extract the audio from the FMVs? I have no problems getting viewing the *.pss, but only get static for the audio. And when extracting it with PSSPlex, only get the *.m2v file. No *.wav file.

The14thGOD
Org Profile

Post by The14thGOD » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:39 pm

eelw wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:New addition:

Can you extract the audio from the FMVs? I have no problems getting viewing the *.pss, but only get static for the audio. And when extracting it with PSSPlex, only get the *.m2v file. No *.wav file.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=29514

"Optional step: Getting the sound

Now that you have the footage, you can also get the sound if you want to watch the movie file on your computer. However, if you just want the movie file, then skip over to Step 5.

Start up MFAudio and click "open" and choose the pss file you want to extract the sound from. You can press "play" to see if it's the one you want. Click "save as" to set the directory you want the wav file saved to then click "process to save the wav. "

did you try that?
http://the14thgod.com
A man is only blind to the world, if he does not understand it.

eelw
Org Profile

Post by eelw » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:33 am

The14thGOD, thanks for responding. In a different topic, Castor Troy recommended to use PSS Demux to get the audio out of the RE4 PSS files. Works like a charm. Unsure why Nova just plays static and can't extract any audio from the PSS files.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”