How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
MaggIvy
Org Profile

Re: thoughts on an interesting setup...

Post by MaggIvy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:28 am

TellerAKASAHMotU wrote:
ALSO: I have a legit copy of North American FFXII, so if someone wants me to try a program to rip clips straight off the game disk, go ahead and I'll see if I have time to try it.
Its available now...just read down the page a bit. But just for reference you can find the info and the ripper HERE.

:D

ultraboard101
Org Profile

Post by ultraboard101 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey, i riped final fantasy X, but i dont know the order of the fmv's lol. its been a while since i beat it, anyone help me with the order? I want to make a dvd of it all.
I even made a cool cover art :)
baker baker

Kamui42
Org Profile

Post by Kamui42 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 am

Gemberkoekje wrote:I am trying to get the fmv from Star Ocean: Till the end of time... but i got the same problem as most here (extractor stops at a certain point) and i don't have enough time (im NOT too lazy :P) to manually search...

Anyone got a tip for me?
This was posted like a million years ago(I'm exaggerating)... but I have the same question, really.

How can I find SOTEOT's stupid hidden files? I'll manually search, but I don't know where to start... Thanks!

Hero2u0
Org Profile

Post by Hero2u0 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:05 pm

Thanks! :D But...When I ripped my re4 videos...the videos were...will...they did alot of time skip...any help plz? :?
He-ro-2-u-ze-ro!

ForeverHikari
Org Profile

Post by ForeverHikari » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 am

Ahmm... I think if the DVD Decrypter didn't find any a VIDEO_TS Folder in the game, there are possibilities that the Extractor will just stop in the midst of the process or there might be no videos in the game(even if there's an opening intro in the game or many lots of videos there), but there's still a chance, Think about the .DAT file(it's contains video , :?: ryt?), I think, But in another method... *still discovering*. And also I found out that Tenchu:Wrath of Heaven don't have any videos *sobs* :cry: , And I also tested Tenchu:Fatal Shadows, FFX-2, Dynasty Warriors 5:Xtreme Legends and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and there are no trouble, The DVD Decrypter didn't complain about the VIDEO_TS folder thing. Well, You see maybe if the DVD Decrypter didn't find any VIDEO_TS Folder the your just wasting you're time.... (Just Explore the PS2 DVD inside, there you can see if there's the VIDEO_TS folder) Well, I'm just sharing the fact, you know? So you don't need to be worry! :D

LemonHead
Org Profile

Post by LemonHead » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:13 am

I'm having trouble with the pss. file thing. My computer says it doesn't associate with it or something. So I tried just saving it in mpg. but it didn't accept it on any of my movie makers, nor when I tried to convert it with PSS Plex...And when I try to get the sound it sounds like a tape recorder being played really fast. The video actually skips a lot too...Help?

By the way, I'm trying to rip the cutscenes from Tales of the Abyss.

windstrike
Org Profile

didn't work

Post by windstrike » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:48 pm

i followed the how to guide found in the very first post as a guide for making my first video. I downloaded the AMVapp as well as any of the programs he listed that I could find as shareware. SOS I grabbed the ISO form .hack//G.U. ( my subject or this experiment) and then I put it through the file splitter seperating it to 4 files of 1gb. I then run the extractor and end up having to rename the ISO prtion to Iso1, Iso2, part of the file name and so on cause it can't extract more than 30 files since it's trial program (if this is what messed me up please tell me). Then I go demultiplexing with pss put it all into the same mpg file. Finally when I'm done with that I put it to the dgmpdgec to change it to a AVI file. So I try playing my new file and all I get is the logo! Please someone tell me if I did something wrong or if there's some other step that missed for ripping from this game

savvy_style
Org Profile

Post by savvy_style » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:37 pm

LemonHead wrote:By the way, I'm trying to rip the cutscenes from Tales of the Abyss.
I used this tutorial to rip the cut scenes from TotA, and they came out just fine D:
The skipping probably has to do with the speed of your computer. After all this ripping, even mine has become a bit slow ^^v so the videos started to skip after the first few, but after restarting my copmuter they were fine :3

Chris100185
Org Profile

Post by Chris100185 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm trying to find the opening FMV in Abyss. Any tips on what file size and position I'm looking for . There's a lot of files there and It could take a while to find it.

savvy_style
Org Profile

Post by savvy_style » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Chris100185 wrote:I'm trying to find the opening FMV in Abyss. Any tips on what file size and position I'm looking for . There's a lot of files there and It could take a while to find it.
I don't remember what the file size was, but it should be in the very first split. The first 9 MPG files the extractor finds are the opening and cut scenes. The very first one is the opening.
At least that's how it was for me...though I wouldn't think it would be any different for you o_o

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”