How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
redrummaker
Org Profile

Post by redrummaker » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:11 pm

Quote:
I split the ISO file (Kingdom Hearts), then tried to run it through the extractor. It didn't work, so I tried running them through individually. There are 3 files. The first stops at 98%. The second stops at 5%, and the last goes all the way through but doesn't find any MPG files. I tried re-splitting the file, thinking that maybe it encountered an error there, then tried running the entire un-split ISO file through the extractor. Neither worked. Am I going to have to buy a capture card or is it just a file error that can be corrected?

I've had the same problem, plus, when i try to extract a large audio file using MFAudio, the program just freezes about halfway through. Any suggestions?
i have had the same problem and killer_moogle i like you'r paine thing
There is no why to this life, I am and that's all the reason i need.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:06 am

Maybe I should also recommend before doing my ps2 ripping method, try to see if the game's movie files can be read normally with ps2play or pssplex before trying it.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

redrummaker
Org Profile

Post by redrummaker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:38 am

i tried to download mf audio on the website in your links but i wouldn't let me download it

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Kingdom Hearts

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:11 am

I too tried to rip Kingdom Hearts and encountered the same error. I then did it without splitting the files, which I don't know why you'd do in the first place, and encountered the same error around 966 Mb, which is where it was before. You who have seen this error as well, does it occur at that specific place for all of us?

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:17 am

Oh, by the way, this means that the failure of the extractor is in no way due to having accidentally split a file half way. Also I would recommend removing that step for people who have greater than the ripped game's space again free on their computers after ripping because it is not beneficial except that the TEMP files created will be smaller at any given time.
PS. This is not to say that FileSplitter isn't worthwhile, on the contrary, it is one of the most helpful utilities out there, just not for this.

I'm going to try to split the files at exactly 966Mb to see if that will make anything turn up.

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Nope

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:34 am

Didn't work, I'm going to keep trying various things until I find something.

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:14 pm

redrummaker wrote:i tried to download mf audio on the website in your links but i wouldn't let me download it
MFAudio can be found here.

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Also...

Post by DarkAlex » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:40 pm

Also I have never seen any .pss files when I 'explore' the PS2 game in my DVD drive. Does anyone know why this might be?
Does the methods outlined in this FAQ, ignoring the parts that are obviously system specific, work for PSX disks as well?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Also...

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:27 am

DarkAlex wrote:Also I have never seen any .pss files when I 'explore' the PS2 game in my DVD drive. Does anyone know why this might be?
Does the methods outlined in this FAQ, ignoring the parts that are obviously system specific, work for PSX disks as well?
Most, if not all, psx discs can be read with psmplay or anything else.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

redrummaker
Org Profile

Post by redrummaker » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:38 am

what if the clips have subtitles and you want the subs included

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”