How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:16 pm

thanx for the tool. this will sound stupid but how do i use it? sorry i'm still a little new to this stuff

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:56 am

lol. Well its actually really simple you just insert the ffx-2 disc into the dvd drive, then open the program, choose the dvd drive letter (for me its D: but your could be something different.), then choose the destination folder (where you want to extract the movies to for instance say my documents) then click extract.

It should take about 5minutes or longer extracting depending on the speed of the DVD Drive.

btw when the program extracts the video and audio dont run any other application otherwise the program will freeze (well it happened to me).

btw do you know how to create a ISO image of the disc?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:01 am

its just that you may need the iso to load into that program.

If that doesnt work, you should either replace your dvd burner with a new one, but before you do what are the specs of the dvd burner? (module/brand, speed etc) or clean the disc if it has any scratches on it

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:10 am

sorry for the multiple posts.

I believe that the ffx-2_tool will only extract the .pss files therefore you need another tool: PSS_demux you should find the link somewhere on this topic or try just try googling for it. It should be still around.

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm

i managed to get the fmv's i trioed gighertzs tool againand this time i chose to read the disk smoothly for ps2 troubles or something. it took a long time but it actually finished although some fmv's would not work properly maybe it because the disk is scartched?

Shinimegami Zero
Org Profile

Post by Shinimegami Zero » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:39 pm

ffxdean wrote: Hi there, i uploaded CubemediaPlayer for you. Here It is:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2297266-4eb

unfortunatley its the trial version i am not so sure if it i can freely distribute the full version of the program due to that im not the owner and therefore do not have the permission to release it.

Its costs $20 although i have no idea how you are suppose to pay for it due the site being down (forever).
Thanks a lot. It still only found the ones I already have though. :cry: I think I'm going to need the hex editor masters on this one.

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 am

think I'm going to need the hex editor masters on this one
Well I can do hex editing (I made the US Kingdom Hearts Extractor and the PAL Final Fantasy XII). What game are you refering to? What format (Pal or Ntsc)? What Country Orgin (Australia, NewZealand, USA Japan etc).

Shinimegami Zero
Org Profile

Post by Shinimegami Zero » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Suikoden V: NTSC USA Version

I've followed the instructions in this guide, and it looks like the headers and footers are the same for Suikoden, but when I highlight the block, save it as a .pss and drop it into PSS Plex or Demux it tells me it's not a pss file. I also noticed that when I save the hex block it saves it as exactly 1GB instead of what I would think would be varying file sizes depending on the movie. I'm using HxD to edit the files.

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:42 am

okay. if you could provide a bit of information for instance the disc size, where the beginning of the file(s) is located on the disc (sector) and the header of the file you are trying to get. I might be able to make a extractor for you although it may or may not work since i do not have the game myself.

Shinimegami Zero
Org Profile

Post by Shinimegami Zero » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks, but I don't think you'll have to do that. I tried Winhex on the iso since I thought it might be a problem with the editor I was using and came up with 32 headers for the pss files, which is the same number I was able to get with extractor and the same amount that's in the folder titled "movies" when I explore the iso, which leads me to believe that what I'm looking for is gameplay footage rather than actual movies despite them looking identical. You'll see what I'm talking about in the first minute of this video. (Replace boochsack.com with you tube) The extractable pss files don't have the dialogue box but the other stuff does. If you know of any way to extract those files that would be awesome. I know I could just use a capture card, but as you can see that dialogue box is huge and there's no way to turn off the subtitles that I know of.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”