How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:04 pm

Riazar wrote:Okay, thanks for your advice, I seem to be straightened out as far as VDubMod and AviSynth. My problem now seems to be with the mpeg2 codec.

Without any separate codec installed, WMP is fine playing the .m2v files by itself. However, when I open those same files in VDubMod, they are ridiculously speeded up (missing a lot of frames, as I said before). If I install the codec, the files will play in both, BUT they are horribly glitchy, with tons of weird pauses and lots of rainbow junk blocking out half the screen.

Could anyone tell me if this is just a codec issue, and if so, how to resolve it, or is there something I'm missing here?
What is the 'codec'?

Besides from that, opening the m2v files directly in VdubMOD is not recommended, IMO. It does create a sped up avi file from that, like you mentioned.
Like Qyot mentioned, save the DVD2AVI (or if you're not in a middle of a project, I recommend you upgrade your AMVapp to get DGIndex instead) project file, integrate it with AVIsynth, and finally open the AVS files into VdubMOD to create the AVI files. (Or you can directly edit with AVS, if your computer specs can handle it.)
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Riazar
Org Profile

Post by Riazar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:12 pm

The codec is Stinky's MPEG2 Codec.

When I creat an AVS file of the m2v with AviSynth and open that in VDubMod, it still has the same problems (being sped-up/glitchy), so I guess I'll try saving it as a DGIndex project first. Could anyone direct me to a working DGIndex download?

Riazar
Org Profile

Post by Riazar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:24 pm

Sorry for all the confusion...things seem to be running smoothly now.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:29 pm

Anybody give me any help with pss demux? According to this, for .pss, it's supposed to make the audio into a wave, but all I get are .dat's.

Alexiel Almasy
Org Profile

Post by Alexiel Almasy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:14 pm

Are these extractors downloadable? Or do you have to buy them?

Also, does anyone know if either of the Fatal Frame games work good with these extractors?

((*total noob* (*sob*)))

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:26 pm

Guardian4 wrote:Anybody give me any help with pss demux? According to this, for .pss, it's supposed to make the audio into a wave, but all I get are .dat's.
.dat files?
Try using ISOBuster to convert the dat files to MPG files.(I'm assuming they're MPG)
Open the dat file, and right click>Extract ...>Treat as video ONLY, Extract but FILTER only M2F2 MPG Mpeg video frames (*.mpg).
That should extract the .dat file into the video streams it contains, if MPG.

Once the video file is obtained:
DGIndex>AVIsynth
(I would go DGIndex>AVIsynth, if the extracted files are MPEG2.)

///

Are these extractors downloadable?
All the tools mentioned on this thread can be obtained/used without purchase.
Also, does anyone know if either of the Fatal Frame games work good with these extractors?
I haven't tried any Fatal Frame games, but chances are if you can't find any PSS files in the DVD using the method mentioned, either they don't have rippable video game footage or is hidden/protected on the DVD really good.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Alexiel Almasy
Org Profile

Post by Alexiel Almasy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:47 am

Do you know of the sites where I could get these programs at? (Sorry to be a pain.. >.<)

Also, does this also work for PS1 games, or just PS2?

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:34 pm

AMVfreak wrote:
Guardian4 wrote:Anybody give me any help with pss demux? According to this, for .pss, it's supposed to make the audio into a wave, but all I get are .dat's.
.dat files?
Try using ISOBuster to convert the dat files to MPG files.(I'm assuming they're MPG)
Open the dat file, and right click>Extract ...>Treat as video ONLY, Extract but FILTER only M2F2 MPG Mpeg video frames (*.mpg).
That should extract the .dat file into the video streams it contains, if MPG.

Once the video file is obtained:
DGIndex>AVIsynth
(I would go DGIndex>AVIsynth, if the extracted files are MPEG2.)
No, I think you misunderstand me. :oops: I meant that when I have these .pss files and I demux them with pss demux, I get an m2v and a .dat (for audio) file. But according to what I've read, I'm supposed to get waves. Right?

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:07 pm

Alexiel Almasy wrote:Do you know of the sites where I could get these programs at? (Sorry to be a pain.. >.<)
Well, if you look at Castor Troy's post, you can see that he has linked all the tools you need to get for PS2 ripping.
Also, does this also work for PS1 games, or just PS2?
The method explained in this thread is for PS2 ripping.
You wouldn't have to work half as much to rip PS1 footage. :)
I recommend using PSXMC, which is a PS1 movie ripping utility that is easy to use.
No, I think you misunderstand me. I meant that when I have these .pss files and I demux them with pss demux, I get an m2v and a .dat (for audio) file. But according to what I've read, I'm supposed to get waves. Right?
Ah, I see. :)
Do you need the audio?
[If you're planning to make a music video, you may not need the audio anyways, and just work with the m2vs.]
But then again, you might.
I'm thinking the .dat [audio] files from the .pss files are similar to that of the .dat[audio] files of a VCD.
dBPowerAMP Music Converter supports VCD audio (.dat) files, so you may want to try converting the .dat files into .wav files using that.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Alexiel Almasy
Org Profile

Post by Alexiel Almasy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Yeah, I realized the links were on the first post right before I read yours. Sorry, I'm a retard. Thank you also for the PS1 link. It's greatly appreciated. XD

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”