How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Killer_Moogle
Org Profile

Post by Killer_Moogle » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:57 pm

(hey, its fine... almost everyone is looking for a method to rip movies from ffx-2 lately)
Alright... i went through some other PS2 games... and GENERALLY... if there is no name given to the disc when DVD Decryptor reads it, it will not work for this process. I id, however, find that some games which WERE readable, didn't work either. BUT... they already had the movies in .PSS format anyways. I have also found that my games by Sony, EA, and Rockstar have the vids already in the .PSS format, so you merely have to copy the PSS files that you want from the disc and onto the hard drive, THEN run PSS Plex. I hope this may clear up a bit of the air...

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Re: Kingdom Hearts

Post by kiarrens » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:31 pm

DarkAlex wrote:I too tried to rip Kingdom Hearts and encountered the same error. I then did it without splitting the files, which I don't know why you'd do in the first place, and encountered the same error around 966 Mb, which is where it was before. You who have seen this error as well, does it occur at that specific place for all of us?
Yup. 966 it is. Has anyone managed to successfully rip Kingdom Hearts? Maybe it's just too well encoded or something...
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

jjamriska
Org Profile

Post by jjamriska » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:09 pm

good news: i found a kh iso extractor
bad news: when i ran it, it generated about 3k files, which are of type .unk, .evm, .elf, .set, and .vce

can anything be done with this stuff, or am i wasting my time?

jjamriska
Org Profile

Post by jjamriska » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:27 pm

since we cant edit, it looks like ill have to double post....

i went ahead and ran the extracter program on the 3k+ files the iso extracter i found generated, and it got stuck at 97% complete- at the exact point where the label on the little green box in the top right corner changed to say mpg. is it possible that the program is finding an mpg, then simply taking forvever to extract it? has anyone tried just letting it run for a while?

jjamriska
Org Profile

Post by jjamriska » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:23 pm

yes im posting again.....

i ran extractor on those 3000+ files- it would get stuck on 4 of them. they are all of type .unk, which stands for unknown. does anyone know of anything that can be done with these files or am i at a dead end?

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:06 pm

I would really, really appreciate some help here:

when I try to demultiplex with pss plex, I get "invalid bits in mpeg1 stream" and it won't do anything.

how do I fix this?

if you could help me I would be quite thankful.

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:47 pm

update:

the pss files do not work in pss plex, tmpgenc, vdub, or vdubmpg. HOWEVER, they work fine in dvd software players (windvd, powerdvd) and adobe premiere.

importing each video into premiere and then exporting the timeline takes a LOOOOONGGGGGGGGG time. I'm getting about 2 frames a second for some reason.

anyone know either how to speed this up or another way to get around this?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:40 am

disgust wrote:update:

the pss files do not work in pss plex, tmpgenc, vdub, or vdubmpg. HOWEVER, they work fine in dvd software players (windvd, powerdvd) and adobe premiere.

importing each video into premiere and then exporting the timeline takes a LOOOOONGGGGGGGGG time. I'm getting about 2 frames a second for some reason.

anyone know either how to speed this up or another way to get around this?
You can avisynth pss files.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:53 am

thank you for the reply.

avisynth has to be used with another program, correct? what should I use it with?

and also, is there some reason why pss plex doesn't work? did you use it on the jp version of the game and not the us?

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:52 am

hm, sorry, but I wanted to ask this before I went to all the trouble to avisynth it...

what I basically need now (since pss plex won't work) is a way to get the audio working... this would be the way to do it? is there any way you could walk me through it? or at least point me in the right direction?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”