How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Froilan
Org Profile

I´m going nuts

Post by Froilan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:33 am

For starters - Sorry about my bad english, I just really dont have enough time to get it right, but I´ll try.

Okay, I´ve tried to read everything in this post, but it really seems to go on forever and ever, so I´ll just pop my question and.. and, wait for reply :|

I caaant get this thing to work!
I´ve tried EVERYTHING when it comes to ripping, and just recently I found out how to rip FFIX and FFVIII. Buut, it´s FFX footage I need, and NOTHING is working.
I´m going nuts trying!

Yup, I tried this.
And I kinda feel like crying since I seem to be the only one stuck on decrypting the friggin´files.
It´s stuck on 76% and nothing happens.. except some error messages popping up every now and then.
Something about some "unrecovered read error".
I pushed the button "try again", but the messages just kept coming, so I pushed the "ignore all error messages" button and now.. nothing happens.
Man, please, I need some serious help!

if any one out there actually understands this (dont get me wrong Castor, it´s great and all, but I cant seem to make it work), and got it work or got the same error as I did, please answer!
Either here (I never seem to find this site, takes me forever) or on my email : Immissno1@hotmail.com

Thanks.
"I will live with my sorrow.. I will live my own life. I will stand my ground and be strong. I dont know when it will be but someday.. I will conquer it.. And I will do it without.. false hope."

japonky
Org Profile

Post by japonky » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:13 pm

shirohamada wrote:there's someone asking how to get xenosaga I cutscenes in the sticky, but the sticky is all about links so i'll do it here.
xenosaga though it looks real time it really is mpeg1.
the first time i extracted it, was using hexeditor way, that was before i found nova extractor, here.
go to first page.

as for how many ffx-2 cutscene, can't remember, but its about right
Hey thanks! I went straight to the Nova Extracter part and got it working. It seems like there are no videos past the Jr. chapter, but that's cool. I have the free DVD that came with XS2 to fill in the gaps. Again thanks.

Froilan
Org Profile

Oh man

Post by Froilan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:05 pm

Okay, ignore mig last message, and help me with this instead... :|

Okay, so I have fixed just about everything.
But.. ofcourse, God wanted to take me down from the clouds as soon as possible.
I am trying to save the mpeg2 files with the DVD2AVI, but it just finishes in no time (no, I know, that shouldn´t be a problem), and when saving it.. nothing happens.
A media player icon is coming up, saved and eveything, but it isn´t really saved.. man I´m so bad at explaining, but it has no kb, mb, gb or anything at all. It´s at cero and isn´t working when trying to watch it.

Is it just me that gets stuck on this kinda crappy things? Please, help. I´ve been doing this whole day long and my head is killing me.

Thanks
"I will live with my sorrow.. I will live my own life. I will stand my ground and be strong. I dont know when it will be but someday.. I will conquer it.. And I will do it without.. false hope."

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:59 pm

sounds like you want to compress the mpeg2 into 'whatever' codec avi.
don't.
the easiest way is get virtualdubmod, resize the video, to correct its aspect ratio. choose xvid and compress.
but anyway, go learn avisynth :wink:

Froilan
Org Profile

:S

Post by Froilan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:14 am

okay, sorry about all of my posts :|

But, just one more question (I think I can fix some of the problems myself.. *hopefully*), but.. Does anyone know how to change the output format from PAL to fullscreen?
I think it can be while extracting, but I dont really know which formats I should put there.

Am I confusing? Tell me if I am :D

Thanks!

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:01 pm

yes you're confusing. :twisted:

way of the samurai 2. it will ask you to run on PAL or NTSC, well if you can, use NTSC. for the opening scene the res are the same, but the frame rates aren't NTSC looks smoother with full 29.97fps.

well, whatever the size, note that PS2 doesn't have to be 720x480, it can be 640x448 or whatever.
so figure out the aspect ratio and resize accordingly

Von
Org Profile

Happy, yet so so Sad.

Post by Von » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:22 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Nope, gotta get a capture card.

If it's not a pss, it's not extractable.

*throws Metal Gear Solid 2 video idea out the window*
Firstly: My profound thanks for this *understandable* guide being made.

Secondly: It seems every single game I own does not contain files that any current program can find. (I have baggy eyes to my knees right now, after staying up all night and day finding this out)

Oh, though I suspect FFX may work. If I had the space on my laptop. Which is the only machine in the house capable of reading a PS2 disc at all, AND is the premiere work-related hunk of electronics.

My curses doth runneth over.

So it looks like I'll have to take your advice on the Capture Card. Now, I've walked all over my city (the tiny, yet sprawling, thing it is) and at the end of the day managed to find a single computer store that sold A device. One that I could presumably plug into my PS2 in one end and the computer in the other.

It cost me 200 bucks, (Why can't I just rent it? For a WEEK! I SWEAR!) and the darn thing was busted. Wouldn't even power on.

So please, if anyone out there could reccomend me a device... (If there is another page for this, I sincerely apologise. Just point me and Ill be on my way.. But Im too tired to search properly and my laptop is lagging so damn much, Im afraid it's about to implode.)

I should clarify.. I don't want anything too technical.. No installation of hardware.. Just plug-it-in-and-turn-it-on is more my style. Price isn't an issue, so the best *quality* possible would be fantastic.

Many thanks, apologies for the vague tangent. Now if you'll excuse me, there is a ditch with my name on it.

Omega_Nemesis28
Org Profile

Post by Omega_Nemesis28 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:06 pm

I said this already but its a really great guide! Thanks! :D
Also, thanks for helping me with my RE4 problem but now I'm trying to do Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2.

When I use the extractor (w/ mpg and wav ticked under format), the pss files come out and then I use the demux thing. After that, usually the WAV file comes out but it didn't. Then I tried it your way with the MF Audio, that didn't work either.

What should I do?
Resident Evil 3............Nemesis will rule all......

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:55 am

the registration for nova extractor looks... really sketchy. at best. wire transfer czech crowns? uh, no thanks.

is there any other program that will do something similar?

geechan
Org Profile

Post by geechan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:51 pm

I've got an interesting problem with the extractor. I do everything the guide tells me to do but as soon as the extractor is ALMOST finished (ie: 1Mb off the total size of the ISO) it errors on the last FMV. So far it's done it to both Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. I haven't checked to see if splitting the file will help, but I'll do that now.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”