maybe 2 handy tips:
I have both pal FFX and FFX2 <----- if you have that, then you can't rip the fmv, [MOD 403: redacted]
make sure they are NTSC (i did this after i found out that no files were found with the ripper)
When you did download the correct versions (ntsc) then you should be able to rip them with ffx2mov (for ffx) and FFX_Mov_extractor (yeah looks the other way around, i know.. but those are the correct programs for them)
For FFX2: Then use PSS demux after you got the .pss files to convert them to m2v files.
If you are familiar with Avisynth or even if you're not(ill explain fast):
- Download AMVapp (which is found at animemusicvideos.org under guides)
- Open up Avsp(not sure if it works if you didnt instal amvapp, you can try to download avsp and avisynth seperatly but im not sure if the codecs are included then)
- In Avsp: open up the m2v file (make sure you make him look for all files or avsp wont find the m2v file, it will just look for scripts) it will look like this:
DirectShowSource("F:\FFVIII fmv\FFX2 FMV\ffx-2\Movies\0001.m2v")
- Press F5 And a preview window will pop up
- Right under the preview window you will see an arrow which is pointed "right" "=>" click on it and your video will open in Virtualdub (yeah you need that too, its included in AMVapp though)
- Under "video" go to "fast recompress " and under "compression" set it to Lagarith, which is a lossless codec.
- then save to avi and name it.
- tadaa ready for import in vegas or whatever.
If any questions PM me[MOD 403: Talking about illegal downloads is against the org Forum Rules]