Ripping regular DVD footage? (Not animated)

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Ripping regular DVD footage? (Not animated)

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Separate files for audio make no difference unless you break the video, which you appear to be doing. Read what Mirko wrote again. The process of IVTC is specifically mentioned in the avtech guide because anime is usually 23.976fps telecined up, but American TV is not. It should be 29.970fps at the end.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Separate files for audio make no difference unless you break the video, which you appear to be doing. Read what Mirko wrote again. The process of IVTC is specifically mentioned in the avtech guide because anime is usually 23.976fps telecined up, but American TV is not. It should be 29.970fps at the end.
This is actually not the case, I've found some DVDs that the audio is cut improperly so the amount of samples isn't right, so the sampling information forces it to play back faster than it should. I haven't run across this very often but I have with a few movies and TV shows, the audio just needs to be adjusted to the proper rate.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 am

Nobody really cares about edge cases when this thread is not an edge case. All you achieve by posting such things is confusing the person asking the question by providing information that is neither useful nor relevant to them. His content has no such issue (assuming I understood which DVD he has correctly) so I really don't see the point in confusing the matter or arguing over a non-issue.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:57 am

Mister Hatt, not all American TV shows are 30fps, some of them are 24fps. Also, if he decimates to achieve 24fps that while the footage may be choppy it would not throw the audio off. Additionally, if he is ripping Dexter, I'm fairly certain that show is 24fps. Getting details is the key factor in trying to help someone out with the problems they are posting about. If you apparently know exactly what they are working with, and know the problem they are having, then why have you not posted the solution already? How about we let them post details, give them things to try (or the exact solution) and actually help them instead of bickering over a forum thread. Acting like a dick all the time doesn't make you more right about anything, it just wastes forum space and causes thread to become unnecessarily long.

Dext3r, if you wouldn't mind try posting as many details as you can about the source so we have more information to work with.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Dext3r
Org Profile

Post by Dext3r » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 am

Sorry, I know this is late.

I realized that I just had the settings in Premiere wrong, and the source was 29.97...but this does occur in anime so I'm not really sure how it all works.

It worked out, all I had to do was export in 29.97 and it came out fine.

For those who are curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0DyVpqNxiM

Return to “Video & Audio Help”