reduce filesize?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

reduce filesize?

Postby noparking95 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Ehm so im quite new to this editing things. I just made 1 amvs, not too good of one but yeh anyways, The file size HD is 367 mb. I noticed that you can only upload file size of 100 so i decided to render with lower quality but it is still 165 mb. what more can i lower to reduce the file size? Unless I have to lower the quality again (which im trying to avoid) thanks.
noparking95

Re: reduce filesize?

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Standard wisdom here is to export losslessly (or even just uncompressed) and use an external application to encode. The encoding capabilities of editing software is, by in large, terrible.

Read ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Return to Footage Help