- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Proper Unicode support
- Modern UI
- Batch file processing with task queue
- Supports 10-bit video encoding
- No hardcoded encoding presets
user can modify them and add new to suit his needs
- Encoding process can be paused
- 64-bit version available
- No dependencies, except for avisynth for script processing
- This software is not secure/stable so use it on your own risk.
- There might be issues with multichannel audio encoding.
- 64-bit version might be unstable cause of x264 issues, use 32-bit in this case.
- In order to work with avisynth scripts 32-bit version requires 32-bit avisynth.
- In order to work with avisynth scripts 64-bit version requires 64-bit avisynth.
- Temporary files are stored in TEMP Baka Encoder folder located in disk root,
e.g. if you are encoding file
"C:/My Documents/my amv.avi"
temp folder will be
"C:/TEMP Baka Encoder/"
This folder is created in the begging of encoding and is automatically deleted after encoding.
- Presets are stored in Baka Encoder.config.xml file.
- It is possible to add any amount of presets to config file – Baka Encoder window will adjust size to display them all.
- base_bitrate suppose to hold bitrate for 640x480 24fps video, resulting bitrate for video encoding will calculated by adjusting it according to source video resolution and fps. Set it to 0 to disable automatic bitrate calculation.
- max_bitrate caps calculated bitrate. Set it to 0 to disable bitrate limiting.
- RAM consumption (approximate)
SD - 0.5 .. 1 Gb
HD 720p - 1 .. 3 Gb
HD 1080p - over 3 Gb (for 64-bit version)