Decreasing Video Size Help

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Uchihanosasuke
Org Profile

Decreasing Video Size Help

Post by Uchihanosasuke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

I just made an amv. But the size is 86.5 MB and i want to make it smaller without losing the quality. Can you help me how to do it ??

I have codecs like K lite Mega Pack (the latest version).
Also if I convert the video with other converters the size goes upto 120 MB.
I tried with virtual dub but the size went to 96 MB.

So does anyone has tips on how to decrease the size of the video without losing the quality ?? :rofl: :bear:

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Re: Decreasing Video Size Help

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

First of all, make sure you export your AMV from your editing program (Premiere/Vegas/Magix...) using a lossless codec like UTVideo, Lagarith, HuffYUV; you could also go Uncompressed (The file size will be even bigger than the other lossless options, but you know exactly what you are getting: raw data, untouched, unchanged). This will give you a gigantic master copy of your file with all the details so nothing is lost. This will also ensure compression artifacts are not introduced into your video (which would explain why file size sometimes goes up after re-encoding).

Exporting losslessly is important, because if you don't do this, you will be re-compressing an already-compressed file. This would be roughly equivalent to making a photocopy of a photocopy: bad idea.

So, once you have your lossless master copy, run it through zarx264gui.

http://www.amvhell.com/stuff/zarx264gui/

You'll have to download and unzip it first.
Also note: with the latest version, it helps if you have Quicktime installed (Audio quality is better, and synch is more accurate.)
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “AviSynth Help”