FFVideosource crashing

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: FFVideosource crashing

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 am

I'm sorry but at what stage did anyone say you need to make it MP4, especially given that MP4 IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM HERE (most likely.) The recommendation was to remux it as MKV so that it gets a proper Matroska created index.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:50 am

Mister Hatt wrote:I'm sorry but at what stage did anyone say you need to make it MP4, especially given that MP4 IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM HERE (most likely.) The recommendation was to remux it as MKV so that it gets a proper Matroska created index.
You never explicitly said to remux it to MKV, just to "remux it." Anyway, we're just rendering each episode individually and it's working perfectly.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 am

You're right, it was only implied. However, I was rather obviously explain MP4 was the cause. If it's working for you, then awesome. In future events, try muxing to MKV, as doing so will rebuild the index (which is part of the container) and thus prevent any seek issues in lavf.

Return to “AviSynth Help”