Script for Quality Improvement

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Script for Quality Improvement

Post by SuijinReflx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:29 am

If anyone can help please do, I need a script (avs) for virtualdub to increase Video quality, or is that something I have to specifically do for each customised clip? If its the second case then please tell me some factors such as spline(...) or Colorspace(..) which would help to change color depth and possibly heighten video quality for upscaling.
Mizu

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Script for Quality Improvement

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:49 am

It depends entirely on the source. For anyone to make any sort of informed guess at what you need, we would need to see a clip of it.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 am

Can we edit the guide to say DON'T USE AVISYNTH IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IT ON YOUR OWN? It's stupid that so many people just ask for scripts or expect it to be an easy to use program. Scripting/programming is NOT simple and this massive misconception is getting way over the top in these forums.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I blame people that emphasize quality too much, the guides aren't really meant to tell people to use avisynth, only provide it as an option with some basic understanding. In most cases people would be fine just eliminating the interlacing and getting progressive frames, or just editing at ntsc if they don't even feel comfortable doing that but our years of enforcing higher quality here on the org has created the mindset that it has to be better, not could be.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 am

Same reasoning can be applied to editing in general too, EvaFan. If one wants to improve, why shouldn't he?
At any rate, various filters are discussed in the Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>, and it's just a matter of checking which ones are the most appropriate for your source, if any.

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:29 am

I dont expect people to give me scripts nor do i think Avisynth is simple to use, all i need are factors which contribute to possibly heightening the video quality using Avisynth which i will experiment with. Also Thanks Mirkosp! :up:
Mizu

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm not saying people shouldn't use avs or that it shouldn't be in the guide. Slightly off topic from the original thread but my point is that avs is an advanced thing, only the guide is pushing it at newbies rather heavily. This has contributed to the misconception that it is a requirement and an easy thing to use instead of what it actually is: a programming interface to video manipulation. For people who cannot write basic code, it is not something that should be used. Basically, someone needs to fix the emphasis of the guides.

Return to “AviSynth Help”