Nooby question: Settings for VirtualDub?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TifaLockhartVII
Org Profile

Nooby question: Settings for VirtualDub?

Post by TifaLockhartVII » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 am

Hello,

I've been hesitating to post this question, in case there are explanations on the forum already. But I've tried searching up, and couldn't find any specific answers. >.< If a Mod would like to delete this thread because it's a "repeat question" or already has been explained, then please go ahead.

I've read through the Guide for amv's on this forum, and ever since, I've been using AvsPmod, VirtualDub, and Zarx264gui.

To convert .mkv files to .avi, I replace "DirectShowSource" with "ffvideosource" in AvsPmod and save the script. Then load it in VirtualDub, and use YUV420 and "fast compression" for the settings. Also learnt to do that with the help of searching through this forum...

But I was wondering, are there any better settings for even better quality? I'm a complete noob at understanding encoding and etc, so I usually just go with what the guides say.

Thanking you. ^^

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Nooby question: Settings for VirtualDub?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:57 am

Video quality is something that should be handled in avisynth. See: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... -qual.html for examples.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

TifaLockhartVII
Org Profile

Post by TifaLockhartVII » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Video quality is something that should be handled in avisynth. See: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... -qual.html for examples.
Ahh, seems so complicated for a noob like me >.< But thank you, I'll read through and try to (hopefully) understand how this works.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 am

Avisynth is like any other programming language, read the examples, play around with it, and be very logical about it. I don't recall ever messing with vdub settings other than the usual fast-recompress mode.

Return to “AviSynth Help”