Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:58 am

Alright guys.

I've installed and ran my new 64 Bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 11. Seems to be working fine now. The program, not the other shit. Now, I commenced to ripping my Vobs using DVDFab. So far so good. Turn it into a d2v. Also works. Worked on a script and put it into VirtualDub 64 Bit.............................."Error Message: Fuck you." Well, in a sense. Because it says Error Code and then a bunch of numbers. Nothign about a line 1 or a line 2 or anything like that. This isn't the xact error code. But here is an example:

Error Message: Invalid Something or other 84573390202908

So.............Again...............help?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 am

64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
I don't believe anyone linked me the 64 bit version of AVIsynth. If you could link it, it would be a big help.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
I don't believe anyone linked me the 64 bit version of AVIsynth. If you could link it, it would be a big help.
I believe i've been using this one for a while http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

It's a 64bit MT build. Useful if you are doing lots of transcoding and filtering and don't like the whole estimated time of 2 days that pops up when you want to do an entire 50 episode series as a batch.
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
I believe i've been using this one for a while http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

It's a 64bit MT build. Useful if you are doing lots of transcoding and filtering and don't like the whole estimated time of 2 days that pops up when you want to do an entire 50 episode series as a batch.
Sorry, but I discourage 64bit and MT builds for the time being, former mostly because they lack compatibility with many filters and related scripts, latter because they aren't stable with all filters, have a lower quality output with the ones they work with, and will be slower than single threaded builds with filters you're forced to single thread on.
If cutting down on time is vital for you, I suggest you run multiple encodes at the same time (ie, in a 50 ep series you could run 12.5 ep per vdub instance and have 4 instances at the same time with a quad core, more instances with more cores). This way you still cut down on the same time, while having all the benefits of the single threaded version. As far as 64bit goes, if all the filters you need are available it should be fine, but I've been reported that some filters aren't quite as stable as with the 32bit version, but I have no way to test it myself, so don't count my word on that (ie, feel free to use 64bit if all the filters you need are available, which seems odd to me, but oh well).

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Discourage it all you want, I'm lovin the 64bit and MT and I'm betting most ppl would too if they tried it. 8-)
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 pm

They wouldn't if they could tell the difference in the stability with scripts long a few hundred lines and the output quality in frames that have been hand filtered through masks. Which is what I usually am doing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 pm

So, in other words, shit so far beyond the scope of what anyone here that would take your advice even needs to worry about.
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Actually not necessarily. Automatic ivtc is very badly hit by mt, and it is the most easy and common thing you all do. Quality also hits hard on most filters you guys use because you just use them on the whole source, so MT is even more of a problem for you than it is for me. Any spatiotemporal filtering is going to be hell in MT if you actually care about the source.
If you don't want problems with mt you should be loading and do nothing else at all. At that point, you don't need MT anymore.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Do you have any comparison scripts to run? Using the MT modes correctly with all of those things (per the documentation) seems to fix most of the things you mentioned for me.
| | |

Return to “Video & Audio Help”