Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby TwilightChrono » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 am

Well, I rip my footage and everything goes well, but then when it comes time to export my Fake AVI into my video player that is when the problems arise. For some reason it tells me that Vegas can't import the fake AVI. I had installed everything correctly and I had never run into this problem before. Maybe it's because of my new OS and Comp.

I was running Vista on a Dual Core before but now I am running Windows 7 on a Quad Core. Maybe that has something to do with it? Is it maybe because I have to install a different package for Windows 7?

Cuz I also have trouble with Lagarith and Huffy's now too. Vegas won't import those or export those either. Like it's an unrecognized format or something. When I try to render a huffy or laggy Vegas shut's down. I've never come across this problem until I had started trying to edit on my new PC here.

Can I get some help? I really don't know what to do.

For starters I am running Sony Vegas Pro 11.
The Newest AMVApp.

I really need some help. I'm getting pretty frustrated that I can't edit.
Image
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
User avatar
TwilightChrono
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Location: In Your Dreams.......Watching You Sleep

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby Scintilla » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 am

Is it Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby HalOfBorg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 am

Are you trying to load the AVISynth files directly into Vegas? I don't know about newer version of AVISynth/Vegas, but older ones would not do that with another utility to fileserve them (think that is correct term, it's been a while).
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
HalOfBorg
 
Joined: 14 May 2008

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby TwilightChrono » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Scintilla wrote:Is it Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?


I'm running on a 64-Bit.

HalOfBorg wrote:Are you trying to load the AVISynth files directly into Vegas? I don't know about newer version of AVISynth/Vegas, but older ones would not do that with another utility to fileserve them (think that is correct term, it's been a while).


No. I use what I always use. The VFAPIConv, DGIndex and VirtualDubMod. It's what I have always used.
Image
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
User avatar
TwilightChrono
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Location: In Your Dreams.......Watching You Sleep

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Just to make sure, you did install the fake avi system from the newer amvapp, correct?
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby HalOfBorg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Were the programs installed "As Administrator"? Maybe something needs to be run that way.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
HalOfBorg
 
Joined: 14 May 2008

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby TwilightChrono » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Just to make sure, you did install the fake avi system from the newer amvapp, correct?


I think it was the new AMVAPP. Can you link it to me so that I can be sure?

HalOfBorg wrote:Were the programs installed "As Administrator"? Maybe something needs to be run that way.


Yes, I did.
Image
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
User avatar
TwilightChrono
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Location: In Your Dreams.......Watching You Sleep

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

It's the Prismo one, if I'm correct. XD
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby Pwolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 am

what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby Pwolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 am

Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby TwilightChrono » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 am

Pwolf wrote:what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.


Can you link those?

Pwolf wrote:Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.


Can you link those as well, please?
Image
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
User avatar
TwilightChrono
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Location: In Your Dreams.......Watching You Sleep

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby Pwolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:29 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.


Can you link those?

http://download3.videohelp.com/huffyuv64.zip <- Huffyuv 64bit

http://lags.leetcode.net/LagarithSetup_1327.exe <- Lagarith 32 bit and 64bit installer


TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.


Can you link those as well, please?


http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual ... p/download
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby TwilightChrono » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 am

Pwolf wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.


Can you link those?

http://download3.videohelp.com/huffyuv64.zip <- Huffyuv 64bit

http://lags.leetcode.net/LagarithSetup_1327.exe <- Lagarith 32 bit and 64bit installer


TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.


Can you link those as well, please?


http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual ... p/download


Thanks. Also, I just realized something. I think a major part of the problem may be due to me using a 32 Bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 11. Let me try upgrading to the 64 Bit and I'll let you know how it pans out.

I'll keep you guys posted. Keep this thread alive if possible.
Image
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
User avatar
TwilightChrono
 
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Location: In Your Dreams.......Watching You Sleep

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby sakuraslight » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

VFAPIConv i havent seen that prog in years...

It is a bit old now but i dont think it is compatable with 64bit. Try oposit clicking on Vfapi and go to properties, compatabuility, and hen selceting windows 7 32bit as the compatabuility mode also do the same thing with vegas this might help. ?
Image
User avatar
sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
 
Joined: 07 May 2003
Location: End of the World
Status: meh

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Postby Mister Hatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 am

It's all old so not that big a deal? AVS is an ancient crusty piece of shit to be quite honest. Half the other codec stuff on Windows is even worse (seriously, VSFilter, what the fucking fuck...)
Mister Hatt
 
Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Status: better than you

Next

Return to Footage Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests