Odd Glitch, new script may help clean up footage?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
PleepChan
Org Profile

Odd Glitch, new script may help clean up footage?

Post by PleepChan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 am

This is kinda weird. I've had the same simple script I've been using on avspmod for a few months now on my older anime clips, the quality is good and there's no glitch. Lately an odd glitch appears on my footage, not all the time but it appears here and there (mostly on the scenes I want D:<) so maybe I should have a better script to clean out the glitch. The glitch only appears to my newly downloaded footage, like my Ano hana and Madoka mkv files. My older ones like Clannad and Haruhi work just fine, no glitch. I don't really get how this happened, it shouldn't have happened that long ago since I downloaded my Madoka torrent from bakabt about 2 weeks ago and my Ano hana torrent from the same site 2 days ago. I downloaded torrents from the same site without this problem so I'm a little confused XD Help?

My simple script (seriously it has nothing in it XD): Image
Ano hana glitch: Image
Madoka glitch: Image

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Odd Glitch, new script may help clean up footage?

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 am

You are decoding 10bit footage as 8bit. Update your ffms2. Also do consider buying the original Blu-rays instead of downloading your footage. In the case of Madoka, BDs will become available in the US soon-ish, so you do not have excuses. Refrain from pirating your footage unless alternatives are unavailable (out of print shows). I can let import-only shows slide, but I would rather not encourage pirating them anyway.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:08 am

BIT ACCURACY ONEGAISHIMASU

PleepChan
Org Profile

Post by PleepChan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 am

Sorry about that. No worries. I got the glitch fixed after updating a few things and asking a few friends over skype what to do. And for the dvds, I do try to buy them when they come out in the US.

Return to “AviSynth Help”