Error, Cant mout file

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Re: Error, Cant mout file

Post by xk4ReaL » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Holmes wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:AVS files themselves are fake avi files. I have no idea why you would need AVFS for that.
No they aren't.

You need AVFS because Vegas can't import avs files. That's why you use AVFS to create a fake avi file so that vegas can import it. I'm having a similar problem where I can't mount my script because AVFS is saying it's not a supported file format, even though it's a lossless encode made with lagarith and everything else runs it fine.
Someone that understands me here :)
http://xk4real.site.vu/
Best quality vids available here.
Note: Site still in construction!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 am

But AVS files are fake avi files by definition. It's just that vegas does not recognize them since they do not have the .avi extension.

xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Post by xk4ReaL » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 pm

vegas does recognize avi files...
The problem here is creating fake avi files to use them is vegas.. I cant! I try to mount the script, and it just gives some error, and it seems Holmes is having the same problem. And since the script runs fine in virtualdub, the problem has to be with avfs. Or avfp or wtv.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Please read my post again. What I said is that vegas does not recognize avs scripts (unless grammar limits tricked me and I actually wrote the opposite without realizing, in which case I apologize).

If closely following the steps in the avtech to install avfs and pismo does not work, the next best thing I can think for frameserving is ffdshow's MakeAVIs, or perhaps VFAPI as a third alternative, but they aren't too stable, much less than avfs+pismo already is, and it isn't the best, really.
I would really suggest you to make lossless clips, but if HDD space is an issue to you (and considering that new HDDs aren't as affordable as they used to not too long ago), then trying a less stable solution and hoping everything goes well is all you have.

A further read about frameserving can be had here: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FAQ_frame ... _utilities
It is quite useful to understand why avs files are considered to be avi files but are not compatible with certain programs, and the reason is quite simply that uncompatible programs do not rely upon windows to do the work, but have internal splitters and decoders instead, and as such avisynth scripts cannot be used directly, since those programs do not have access to the avisynth.dll.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 am

They actually are fake AVI files, that's how they work. The problem is Vegas either not using core libraries properly or relying on file extension for shit it shouldn't, which both come down to Vegas being a poorly designed program. If you cannot stream your AVS file to a proper AVI, then you'll need to invest in more HDD space to do so. Vegas wasn't designed to work with something as hacky as virtual file mounting and I don't think whinging that other people's software is broken is the right thing to do, although for all I know it very well could be an AVFS issue. That said, given those applications are mostly ignorant of their own content, it's almost certainly Vegas. Use a better NLE?

xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Post by xk4ReaL » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:34 pm

problem is not in vegas. I dont even get to use vegas, because i cant mount the scripts to create the so called fake avi files. i will simplify it...
1. I have a mkv anime file that i want to use in vegas to edit
2. I create an avs file with a basic script that allows me to work in vegas.. But i DONT use that avs file in vegas directly
3. I right click on the avs file, and quick mount it to create a fake avi file, and this fake avi file works just fine in vegas, cause i used to edit like this before
4. avi file never happens, because it gives me some type of error that i cant figure out the solution for
5. problem has to be with avfs or something in my computer causing conflit with avfs.. but i dont know. That s why i came here, maybe someone had the same problem and solved it.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:22 am

When it worked previously, was that with the same versions of Vegas and AVFS and everything else? It really sounds like either an issue with Vegas, or possibly layer 8 of your local network I suppose. Test both.

Return to “AviSynth Help”