Help Making Scripts For New & Old Sources Pics Inside:

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Help Making Scripts For New & Old Sources Pics Inside:

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am

Well, I'mma start using some of my newer sources that I just recently acquired. I've already ripped all of them and thus all the pics below are taken from the .vob file.

I'm also no good at making my own scripts and thus was curious if someone can help me out with this matter. Each anime pic is in it's own category i've also put a spoiler tag around them so that they don't fill up the entire thread so you won't need to do excessive scrolling. just click the spoiler to see the pics.

Please offer whatever help you guys can. I'm looking for recommended scripts for each individual anime:

Guyver:
Spoiler :
Birdy The Mighty:
Spoiler :
Summer Wars:
Spoiler :
Thanks for any help you guys can provide regarding scripts. I really need help since I know nothing about making scripts. Thanks guys. I really need this help.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Help Making Scripts For New & Old Sources Pics Inside:

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 am

What makes you think those need filtering? Can people stop fucking with avs unnecessarily? If you don't understand filtering, then don't fucking filter it. It's not like everyone else here is much better, with a few exceptions.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:09 am

Mister Hatt wrote:What makes you think those need filtering? Can people stop fucking with avs unnecessarily? If you don't understand filtering, then don't fucking filter it. It's not like everyone else here is much better, with a few exceptions.
I know a little bit about filtering. But I know what to look for.

I want them to look nice and neat. I know for a fact these need filtering. I'm just looking for proper scripts. The point of me asking for help is so that I can learn. Or are you just that fucking ignorant as to not offer any sort of help whatsoever and just deny that these need filtering? Just stating that your response is not the answer or the help I am looking for. And if you can't help then shut your damned mouth. I don't put up with any kind of bullshit from anyone, especially you.

If anyone can help me, then please. Do so. If not, then either don't post or say you can't help me. Don't be fucking rude.

You don't see the grain? The color distortion? the interlacing? the dull colors?

Basically, I would like help with making scripts for these 3 that clean them up right pretty. But then again, those who know me know what I am referring to. As it stands right now, these sources are really presentable for an AMV. So I wish to make them so.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:11 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
As it stands right now, these sources aren't really presentable for an AMV. So I wish to make them so.
Had to fix the typo.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:35 am

Guyver only has banding, hit it with flash3kyuu_deband for ease of use. Summer Wars is perfect as it is. Birdy the Mighty could use some chubbyrain2 (defaults might work, otherwise toy with it), deblock_qed(12,15) (random low values just to tell you that it needs to be used at low values), ttempsmooth(maxr=7) (these are defaults with just the amount of frames it'll check temporally maxed out) and possibly some dehalo_alpha(darkstr=0,brightstr=0.3) too. You'll actually have to adjust the values, these are only indicative as to probably what you need to use, but they'll hardly be perfect as they are. It's mostly what I see.
You don't see the grain?
Grain isn't bad, it's quite good actually. Birdy the Mighty has noise though.
The color distortion?
At most I can see rainbows in Birdy the Mighty.
the interlacing?
I don't see even leftover combs in the screenshots you posted.
the dull colors?
Please don't ever say this, as you are not more competent than the people that made the anime. They will know which colours are supposed to be and made the anime look like so, you do not know what is right or wrong. At most you might want different colouring for your AMV, but that's you using effect and toying with it, not an actual issue to be fixed.
The only thing that could be wrong in that sense is if they encode the levels using the full range yet flagging it with the limited range, and you'll hardly be able to tell that (chances are you might like it more and think it's correct since you'll see much more contrast due to brighter and darker colours shown than they sould be).

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

mirkosp wrote:Guyver only has banding, hit it with flash3kyuu_deband for ease of use. Summer Wars is perfect as it is. Birdy the Mighty could use some chubbyrain2 (defaults might work, otherwise toy with it), deblock_qed(12,15) (random low values just to tell you that it needs to be used at low values), ttempsmooth(maxr=7) (these are defaults with just the amount of frames it'll check temporally maxed out) and possibly some dehalo_alpha(darkstr=0,brightstr=0.3) too. You'll actually have to adjust the values, these are only indicative as to probably what you need to use, but they'll hardly be perfect as they are. It's mostly what I see.
You don't see the grain?
Grain isn't bad, it's quite good actually. Birdy the Mighty has noise though.
The color distortion?
At most I can see rainbows in Birdy the Mighty.
the interlacing?
I don't see even leftover combs in the screenshots you posted.
the dull colors?
Please don't ever say this, as you are not more competent than the people that made the anime. They will know which colours are supposed to be and made the anime look like so, you do not know what is right or wrong. At most you might want different colouring for your AMV, but that's you using effect and toying with it, not an actual issue to be fixed.
The only thing that could be wrong in that sense is if they encode the levels using the full range yet flagging it with the limited range, and you'll hardly be able to tell that (chances are you might like it more and think it's correct since you'll see much more contrast due to brighter and darker colours shown than they sould be).
Can you write this out in script form for me? And also provide download links for some of these? I would be very appreciative.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I'd very much prefer if you at least tried to write the script on your own. You have to start somewhere unless you want to keep asking people to write scripts for you, so it's better if you at least try and then come back here if you fail. As far as links go, though, sure:
flash3kyuu_deband
chubbyrain2
deblock_qed
ttempsmooth
Should already have dehalo_alpha since it's in the amvapp, so I linked the others, which you might not have. As usual, .dll files go directly in "c:\program files\avisynth 2.5\plugins" (don't forget the (x86) if you're on a 64bit OS), and text goes in .avsi files which you place in that same folder.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:16 pm

mirkosp wrote:I'd very much prefer if you at least tried to write the script on your own. You have to start somewhere unless you want to keep asking people to write scripts for you, so it's better if you at least try and then come back here if you fail. As far as links go, though, sure:
flash3kyuu_deband
chubbyrain2
deblock_qed
ttempsmooth
Should already have dehalo_alpha since it's in the amvapp, so I linked the others, which you might not have. As usual, .dll files go directly in "c:\program files\avisynth 2.5\plugins" (don't forget the (x86) if you're on a 64bit OS), and text goes in .avsi files which you place in that same folder.
The deblock and chubby rain links just go to a forum post with nothing but text and no dl link. Could you fix that please?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
mirkosp wrote:I'd very much prefer if you at least tried to write the script on your own. You have to start somewhere unless you want to keep asking people to write scripts for you, so it's better if you at least try and then come back here if you fail. As far as links go, though, sure:
flash3kyuu_deband
chubbyrain2
deblock_qed
ttempsmooth
The deblock and chubby rain links just go to a forum post with nothing but text and no dl link. Could you fix that please?
You copy the text in the quote tags, paste it into notepad, and save it as .avsi in the plugins directory

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:14 am

GRAIN IS NOT A DEFECT.

Return to “AviSynth Help”