Need Filtering Advice For This Source. Pics Included

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Need Filtering Advice For This Source. Pics Included

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:50 am

I am looking for a good script for .Hack//TRILOGY. Which is the CG Movie Of The Series. However, I don't want to overclean and I don't know of any scripts that are good for CG Cleaning. Here are the pics below.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE SNAPSHOTS WERE TAKEN FROM .VOB FORM. THIS IS A BLU-RAY RIP. NOTICE THE VID IS EXTREMELY HIGH QUALITY ALREADY AND THUS YOU SEE MY PROBLEM. IT ALMOST DOESN'T NEED CLEANING. BUT I WANT SOME EXPERTS TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS.

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SCRIPTS TO USE FOR CLEANING THIS SOURCE IF IT NEEDS ANY?

PICS:

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Need Filtering Advice For This Source. Pics Included

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:41 am

I don't think this needs any filtering, but I'm also quite lay. If anything it may need a contrasharpen, but probably not. If you don't know what that means or what it is, then don't bother with it.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 am

Some screens seem somewhat bitrate starved. If they're in high-motion scenes then it doesn't matter, otherwise I do think something like Blockbuster (readme) used with method="noise" or, perhaps even better, method="dither" could help, especially for that last shot.

PS: I'm not sure I understand why you posted screenshots resized to 800x450 to judge a BD and why you said .VOB, since BDs have .m2ts files... o.O

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 am

mirkosp wrote:Some screens seem somewhat bitrate starved. If they're in high-motion scenes then it doesn't matter, otherwise I do think something like Blockbuster (readme) used with method="noise" or, perhaps even better, method="dither" could help, especially for that last shot.

PS: I'm not sure I understand why you posted screenshots resized to 800x450 to judge a BD and why you said .VOB, since BDs have .m2ts files... o.O
Yeah, sorry about that. What I should have said was this was a blu-ray rip of the movie that my friend made into an MKV and gave to me. Which I turned into a .vob for editing purposes. And this is how it looks as a vob. I have yet to do anysort of cropping or resizing. This is just how it came out in the .vob.

I'll be putting it back to it's original size after I find a good script if it needs any cleaning.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Man, then I would believe you possibly killed the quality a fair bit by re-encoding to vob. Your friend likely used something like makemkv to extract the bd to mkv. Now you should just use ffvideosource on that mkv for editing. If it's quite big, you might want to manually index first and load the avs later; this can be done by drag'n'dropping the mkv on ffindex.exe (comes along with ffms2.dll and ffms2.avsi).

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Can you explain that process step by step on how to do it? I'm not too familiar with that kinda stuff.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am

• Grab this: http://ffmpegsource.googlecode.com/files/ffms2-r570.7z (most recent version as of this post, please check back on the main site and update constantly)
  • Extract FFMS2.avsi, ffmsindex.exe, ffms2.dll to "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins" (should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins" on 64bit OS).
  • Drag and drop your mkv file over ffmsindex.exe
  • A cmd prompt will pop up running the indexing. When it's done it'll close itself, so just wait.
  • Create an avisynth script with the following code:

Code: Select all

FFVideoSource("your file.mkv")
    If the avs isn't in the same folder of your mkv, adjust the path as proper.
  • Load the avs in virtualdub for lossless clipping (or convert the whole thing) or open it directly in your NLE if you are so inclined.
  • ???
  • Profit!

Return to “AviSynth Help”