I have made some huge changes to Zarx264gui. On the surface, it may not seem like much has changed, but under the hood I have performed almost a complete rewrite.http://amvhell.com/stuff/zarx264gui/Zarx264gui2.zip
(Feb 22, 2012)
- Updated version number and changed from beta to final.
Beta 3 changes:
- Now uses Qaac audio encoder. This is the highest quality AAC encoder, and should keep sync well. Required quicktime installed on your system. If quicktime is not installed, the libvoaac encoder will be used instead, but quality and sync may not be great.
- When cancelling an encode that is part of a batch, it will prompt you as to whether you want to cancel the entire batch.
- Outputs a log file after encoding (located in the same folder as the exe)
- Fixed a bug with the container selection
- Fixed a bug where a space wasn't added after one of the commandline parameters
Beta 2 changes:
- Adds "-zarx264gui" to the filename less often (to prevent conflicts with existing files)
- The output log now displays everything exactly as if you were running from the commandline. All output is captured.
- Demuxer selection in the advanced options
- If "auto" demuxer is selected, and the input is detected as lagarith, it will use "avs" demuxer even if "auto" is selected. (to prevent hundreds of error messages)
- Batch processing support. Warning: it doesn't care if you overwrite files.
Beta 1 changes:
- All dependencies on external apps other than x264.exe have been removed. (no nero or bepipe anymore) You dont even need to have avisynth installed to run it now.
- Audio is now encoded to mp3 format using lame, rather than aac. The nero aac encoder caused a desync of approximately 1 frame. I have decided that having better accuracy is more important than the (very small) bitrate savings afforded from using aac.
- Files are loaded directly into x264 rather than generating avs scripts for them.
- Option between mp4 and mkv container.
- New "video info" button in the Command Line tab gives you info that can be useful for troubleshooting.
Please use this, put weird stuff in it, try to break it. Let me know if there are any issues.
Also, let me know what kind of features you would like added.