Zarx264gui 2.0 final

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui 2.0 beta - feedback wanted

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Sorry, the latter half of my message got cut off somehow.

Anyway, I tried to load a Lagarith AVI file with .WAV as the audio [what I usually encode from] into it and encode into MP4 [I haven't altered any of the basic stuff], and it continues to give me the error message:

lavf [warning]: video decoding failed on frame 0

When using the older ZarxGui, I have no issue with it and it encodes just fine.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 pm

update your decoder.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I believe it will actually encode if you let it continue spitting out that error for a moment.
You should also be able to put in the commandline arguments box:
--demuxer avs
And that should also work.
I might see if I can add in a special case for that, or something.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Pwolf wrote:update your decoder.
Never mind, didn't realize it was an error being spit out from zarxgui.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Ok, the AVS demuxer worked just fine. Encoding well now, thank you. :)

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 pm

CodeZTM wrote:lavf [warning]: video decoding failed on frame 0
The Lagarith decoder in libavcodec only supports YV12 files, and will fail with that exact error if you give it anything other than YV12. The error is coming directly out of x264's LAVF input module. Short of that decoder being fleshed out more, it's not going to resolve the issue.

If you force it to use --demuxer avs and it works, that's because it's using the normal Lagarith VFW decoder and thus has no issue with other colorspaces, same as if you were giving it a regular AviSynth script using AVISource().

If MediaInfo is used for more than just simple reading, then I'd imagine the workaround would be either:
A) If it detects the file as Lagarith, force the use of --demuxer avs

B) If it detects the file as Lagarith, and 4:2:0, pass it through; anything other than 4:2:0, then force --demuxer avs (although this has the possibility of being non-consistent if there are any fflagarith-centric decoding quirks...I don't know how it treats nulls)
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

I'd like to throw in for a processing queue being useful. I don't normally have multiple videos to batch encode, but I do often have several combinations of settings i'd like to try before I settle on which one has the best quality/size ratio for a given video or for tweaking settings to reduce problems not noticeable before encoding that the encoding process can make worse - like banding. Lack of any sort of preview makes this necessary to get within the 100MB limit with HD videos.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'd like to throw in for a processing queue being useful. I don't normally have multiple videos to batch encode, but I do often have several combinations of settings i'd like to try before I settle on which one has the best quality/size ratio for a given video or for tweaking settings to reduce problems not noticeable before encoding that the encoding process can make worse - like banding. Lack of any sort of preview makes this necessary to get within the 100MB limit with HD videos.
In cases like that I usually export as a .bat file, then copy/paste the settings on successive lines, modifying each line as necessary:

Code: Select all

"x264.exe" --crf 20 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf20.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 19 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf19.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 18 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf18.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 17 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf17.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 16 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf16.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
Pause
Then, when I run the .bat file, everything is done line by line.
So, without creating a GUI or anything, I suppose the easiest way to add "queue functionality" would be to write new lines to a master .bat file instead of creating a new .bat each time.
It sounds easy enough to implement, but then again, I don't know c# .Net
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm

It would be more efficient if the program did all the batch stuff for you :P In all seriousness tho, that's what I would do (make a batch file with all the command line options). I did look at the code and made a rough implementation for Alan to start with if we wants to add it into the program. Would definitely be nice to have.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Alright, thanks to pwolf's help, I will be adding batch support soon.

I also want to point out that the mp3 encoder in this version has some serious bugs, and I don't recommend using it for actual videos unless you THOROUGHLY listen to the output and verify that it contains no errors.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”