Importing H264 AVI into WMM after formattimg.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Importing H264 AVI into WMM after formattimg.

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I think I am missing something, but I'm not sure. I am trying to load some AVIs converted with the H264 settings using AVS converter. They won't load now for some reason. Do I need to install AVS and Vegas again?

Not really sure what I need to do next.

I've installed.....updated versions of.....

Lagairth
DivX
Xvid
HuffYuv
UT Video
FFDShow

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Re: Importing H264 AVI into WMM after formattimg.

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:53 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I think I am missing something, but I'm not sure. I am trying to load some AVIs converted with the H264 settings using AVS converter. They won't load now for some reason. Do I need to install AVS and Vegas again?

Not really sure what I need to do next.

I've installed.....updated versions of.....

Lagairth
DivX
Xvid
HuffYuv
UT Video
FFDShow
It's pretty much everything that isn't working now. Even my AVS converter won't load the codecs.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 pm

h.264 in avi is a bad idea, and unless you used some specific settings of x264 editing with it is a bad idea as well.

If you still have the original files, toss out the ones that AVS converter gave you. Then, use avisynth to load your original files into vdub and make lossless clips (using UTvideo, lags or huffy). Entire episodes can be converted if you have the time and space, but you're gonna be making clips anyway...so you might as well do it now.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:16 am

Kariudo wrote:h.264 in avi is a bad idea, and unless you used some specific settings of x264 editing with it is a bad idea as well.

If you still have the original files, toss out the ones that AVS converter gave you. Then, use avisynth to load your original files into vdub and make lossless clips (using UTvideo, lags or huffy). Entire episodes can be converted if you have the time and space, but you're gonna be making clips anyway...so you might as well do it now.
I did load one of the AVI files into Virtual Dub and converted it to LAGS, but it won't load in WMM. I was making a WMM AMV before I formatted, but it I have to use Vegas then I will do that. The Lagarith file I converted with AVS work, but the one I made in Virtualdub won't for some reason.

I really have no idea how to use AVISynth and I have tried before. I'm also not sure what else to use for MKV files.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 am

Then try huffy or UTVideo?

Ya gotta play around with stuff a bit instead of giving up after your first attempt if it doesn't work.

All you'd really need to do with avisynth is use ffvideosource() for your .mkv files (the amvapp comes with ffms2.dll, which lets you use ffvideosource().)
And, if you put the avs file in the same folder as your mkv file, you don't need to put the absolute path of your file into ffvideosource()...just the file name like

Code: Select all

ffvideosource("my_file.mkv")

Return to “Video & Audio Help”