rendering out final hd anamorphic 1440x1080

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
ExSphere
Org Profile

rendering out final hd anamorphic 1440x1080

Post by ExSphere » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 am

So im still a little puzzled on this subject.
I renderd out the video as 1440x1080 and when i play it in vlc it has black bars on the left and right side. I through that exact same file i just renderd out that had the black bars back in premiere and they didn't show up.
so...wtf is going on, and why am i going insane.
thx in advance for info |:>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: rendering out final hd anamorphic 1440x1080

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 am

Are the bars actually present if you manually re-size the window? If so, the timeline's settings might be for a smaller resolution than the file going into it, and it's cropping them in the frame. If not, your VLC might be set to maintain an aspect ratio that is wider than your frame.

Also worth looking at is if the original file had the bars there to begin with - especially if you were resizing at all.

Is the AR actually correct? Do you have proper AR PLUS additional bars?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 pm

At premiere, don't forget to select "Output", when exporting. That one shows wat comes out of it.
Then check about pixel size (or wtv it is called, don't have right now the program open).
Image Image

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I like how NOBODY assumes that VLC is just either broken or being it's usual shit self. Try in a player that actually works before assuming you did something wrong if it all seems correct. Another thing to look at is if you used PAR or DAR to make it anamorphic, it is a big difference and if you went with DAR, then you might want to re-evaluate your container choice and check the mux.

Return to “AviSynth Help”