sv lag

D4rkn3sS
Org Profile

sv lag

Post by D4rkn3sS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Guys im new here xD
my problem is:
ive installed K-Lite Codec Pack to view avi files in vegas.
i can view and edit them pretty well buuut if i try to edit hd it kind of becomes laggy... not the raw clip i use but if i use transitions
the part where the transition comes in it lags (it gets normal if i play the transition like 10-20 times in a row) but the trimmer also lags and thats what annoys me the most -.- mp4 hd does also lag -.-
im sure its not my computer so im asking if its because of the codec pack?
maybe you can give me some codecs and the settings like mbits and all to convert into...
btw: HD videos downloaded with VDownloader from YT work pretty well so im confused -.-
and excuse me if i said somethin totally stupid cuz im new to these codecs and all i used to edit on a really old pc but i got a better one now so i dont want lags xD

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: sv lag

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 am

HD from youtube, I lol'd. Get rid of K-Lite (surprisingly hard because it pretty much trashes your system), then get CCCP working. Chances are the shitty way K-Lite handles everything is your problem.

D4rkn3sS
Org Profile

Post by D4rkn3sS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 am

and i wont get any problems with deinstallin it?
im scared lol
well yt hd download is hd enough to me :D

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

CCCP Insurgent will tell you if anything conflicting is installed. You can then remove it. The CCCP settings engine will then flush out your libavcodec/format settings and reset them to useful values. Uninstalling K-Lite is annoying regardless, the only foolproof way I've seen to do so is to reinstall the OS to be honest.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”