Glitch? I dont know what to do D8

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
PleepChan
Org Profile

Glitch? I dont know what to do D8

Post by PleepChan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Okay I've been getting plenty of help and advice from my friends already. Sadly every time I try out what they say I keep getting this weird gray glitch at the beginning of my video when I upload it onto Youtube.com, but after the glitch stops after x amount of seconds the quality is perfect. When I play my video on Media Player Classic, it plays perfectly fine with great quality and NO glitch. This is really frustrating and I just want to know an answer. My guess is my scripting is to blame since I've used settings on zarx from my friends who had great quality and I tested out my other anime footage and I still get the same glitch. Help? Just tell me how you do downloading, scripting, rendering (in Vegas since thats my editing program) and lastly encoding @__@ I'm sorry for asking so much but I'm kinda dying here.

glitched pic: Image
after glitch pic: Image

Darklydone
Org Profile

Re: Glitch? I dont know what to do D8

Post by Darklydone » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 am

Happens on some of my videos on yt as well, It's something in the encoding process, didn't start happening with me until I started using 64-bit. Probably need to update.
The one legged space chicken is after me again.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:58 pm

It seems to be related to B-frames. I'd put B-frames to 0 to disable them, or use --bframes 0 in the command line. It might be more related to another setting of how B-frames are encoded, but disabling them completely is worth a try.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/y ... 1e45&hl=en
Insert clever text/image here.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:46 pm

It's related to frame indices actually. Disabling b-frames is a terrible idea and you shouldn't do it. Some modes of b-pyramid do things differently to how you'd expect however. "--b-pyramid strict" will most likely fix this. The MP4 muxers that most people use seem to put the MOOV atom at the end, this could also be the problem, try using MKV instead. The last option is that you are for some reason using open GOPs and the first GOP when fed into a sequential decoder is getting hurfed over as it lacks an index. This does surprise me as Google use x264 and ffmpeg internally anyway, and IIRC libavcodec doesn't have this decoding problem. Posting the MediaInfo container dump and SEI headers for your video (x264 options chunk from MediaInfo as well as the 'codec information') should allow someone to tell you which.

PleepChan
Org Profile

Post by PleepChan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Thank you everyone that helped, my youtube videos finally dont have the glitch and are great quality! I appreciate it 8D

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 am

Your perception of 'great' is... disillusioned.

Return to “AviSynth Help”