Each episode is 16.4 gigabytes...

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
ItsWolfeh
Org Profile

Each episode is 16.4 gigabytes...

Post by ItsWolfeh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 am

And this is apparently with compression. I am following this guide, as everyone always recommends. Under Video > Compression, there is no "Ut Video Codec YUV420", however, there is Helix I420 YUV Codec, and Helix YV12 YUV Codec. I figured one of those were it. I tried the 420, I got neon green footage (and you can hardly see the video), with the I420 well, it does compress them but not a lot, since they are 16.4 gigabytes each. The original .vob files are around 1 gigabyte each. I am using the fast recompress option.

If it matters any (which I doubt it does, but will still include), my .avs script has the de-interlace script:

TFM()
TDecimate()

And the anime I'm trying to rip is Wolf's Rain. (The Anime Legends collection, not the individual volumes from the past.) 16.4 gigs per episode can't possibly be normal, can it?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Each episode is 16.4 gigabytes...

Post by Kariudo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 pm

UTvideo won't be available until you install it, and Helix I420/YV12 are different from it. The latest version of the amvapp includes it, but you may have to go out and download it yourself if you got the amvapp a few months ago.

Lossless = big...really big.
Not really surprising that each episode is 16.4GB, and that's exactly why most people choose their clips with vdub and then encode those (much shorter) clips with huffy/lagarith/utvideo as opposed to losslessly encoding entire eps.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Well if 480p the most usual to happen is to have maximum 10, 8GBs.

But yeah, instal the latest AMVaap and try again ^^ .
Image Image

ItsWolfeh
Org Profile

Post by ItsWolfeh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, I had this problem before because I was either using the old AMVapp or had mixed the new and old one together. Anyways, I deleted my AMVapp folder, downloaded the new one, uninstalled what I could and then installed the new stuff, and the problem I was having before was fixed and then I ran into this one.

Though I'm running Windows 7 64-bit edition, the 64 setup apparently did not work for me. I think the 64 is actually 32-bit and the 86 is 64-bit. At least that's what I'm guessing the x## means...

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:36 am

x86_64 = 64 bit

Return to “AviSynth Help”