im sure im going to get yelled at for this but:

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Re: im sure im going to get yelled at for this but:

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 am

PS ty for all your help
I have been told I have issues, I just say, no I have volumes...ususally they just shake their heads and walk away.

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 am

ok, im back. Video looks great...only there is no audio....what do i do now? can i put the video back into vegas and add the audio, or is there a way yo attach the audio to the compressed video in vdubmod? again, im srry
I have been told I have issues, I just say, no I have volumes...ususally they just shake their heads and walk away.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am

in ur video, overfilteran ur frames n rapan ur quantizer

You mux your audio at the end with MKVMergeGUI like a good user. Don't forget to use FLAC. Additionally, don't use VirtualDubMod. This is 2010, not 2005, in case you didn't realise.

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 am

I dont have MKVMergeGUI or know what it is. "overfilteran ur frames n rapan ur quantizer" i dont know what the hell that means, i have FLAC in Vegas but dont know how to use it, and yeah i know what year it is. I have only been making Amv's for about a year, so im still new at it. thats why i was asking for help

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

Your audio should have been with the video if you exported it in vegas.
Go back to the step where you export from vegas. Make sure you export audio with the video. Or alternatively, export the audio as a separate (uncompressed) wav file, Then in zarx264 load your lossless video and in the 2nd box you can load the wav file.

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:12 am

i made sure before i did that, and it came up just the video. i will try that though

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 am

i dont know why but everytime i try to do this, i keep gettin an error saying avs[error] no valid audio track found. i have tried mp3,flac,mp4,wav, everything i can. i keep getting this error.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Don't worry, just ignore it. It's due to the build of x264 that is used, but there won't be any issue.

AlexanderVonCross
Org Profile

Post by AlexanderVonCross » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:20 pm

i got it to work :D

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 pm

If you've only been making amvs for a year, then you should know to be using VDub and not the ancient mod from 5 years ago. MKVMergeGUI is the GUI counterpart for MKVMerge in MKVToolnix. Basically MP4 is a really bad container to use and you should use mkv instead. What I meant by the overfiltering and rape by quantizer is that what you've done is filter so much detail out of your video that it becomes very plain. Flat colours tend to get overquantized by x264 unless you've adjusted your AQ strength for it, and that's why you're getting that blocking. It most likely doesn't need that much more bitrate. Use FLAC in your exported AMV. Make sure your source was lossless too though. AVC+FLAC in MKV is the best way to do everything you know~

Return to “Video & Audio Help”