When I publish my movie, my clips are all fuzzy

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Puwazon
Org Profile

When I publish my movie, my clips are all fuzzy

Post by Puwazon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 pm

This is my first time making an AMV too so I am completely lost. I first converted the clips to avi and that worked fine but then I went out of town for two weeks only to find that for some reason my avi clips don't work evern though no one touched my laptop. So then I converted them to WMV (yes, I'm using Windows Movie Maker u__u) and that seemed to work fine too. So then I downloaded episode one of this anime and I converted it to WMV like all the others but when I published it to see how it was doing, all my episode 1 clips are fuzzy. >_< I serisously am lost here, and I know nothing about codecs or whatnot, and a friend referred me to this site, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. Thanks.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: When I publish my movie, my clips are all fuzzy

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

You need more bitrate, and to start using x264. Read a guide I guess, or get on IRC and speak to an encoder like mirkosp.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:You need more bitrate, and to start using x264. Read a guide I guess, or get on IRC and speak to an encoder like mirkosp.
WMM ain't take any kind of h.264 at all. D:
But yes, WMV and bitrate are the issue here. You should be using some lossless codec ─ for wmm it's either huffyuv or lagarith input. When exporting from it, make sure you select DV-AVI or a very high quality wmv option. There isn't much better you can do from it, really.
In any case, though, I suggest you Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>, because it will help. Technically it's not always 100% correct or best, but it's close and simple enough to make it worth following still.

Puwazon
Org Profile

Post by Puwazon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:31 pm

@_______@ I wish I could speak computer....anyways, DV-AVI is my default option so I'll guess I'll just read the guide. Thanks again.

Btw, MODkip, the quote in your signature is so epic. :D

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:10 am

This is a bit late, but if you're still looking, this might help you a bit. Posted it a couple months back.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 48&t=99927
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “AviSynth Help”