"No function named mpeg2source" on Win 7 64bit

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: "No function named mpeg2source" on Win 7 64bit

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Also, any 64bit equivalent to AMVIVTC?
AMVIVTC is a script, you just need the TIVTC 64bit plugin. search that list for TIVTC.

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I was running into this problem as well. Thanks for the helpful info in this thread.

Just one thing though...is there a 64bit version of Deen? The 64bit VirtualDub doesn't want to load it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 am

NightHawk wrote:Just one thing though...is there a 64bit version of Deen? The 64bit VirtualDub doesn't want to load it.
Doesn't look like it.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 am

There are better denoisers than deen available as 64bit, though... http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1374605
HQDN3D, TTempSmooth, DFTTest, RemoveGrain, FFT3DFilter, and FFT3DGPU are all there. Deen is a detail killer and should be avoided. Actually, HQDN3D is very aggressive and should be avoided too, but it's still better than deen, especially when you lower/remove altogether the temporal denoising (tends to introduce temporal artifacts with it, in my experience).

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:44 am

i cant bring 64 bit version of ffmpegsource 2 to work keeps saying there's no function ffvideosource or any other function ,even with load plugin any ideas?

Code: Select all

loadplugin("c:\program files (x86)\avisynth 2.5\plugins64\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("F:\sirius\Legend of Sirius.mkv")
wrong dll? :uhoh:
Still better than that MMO.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

64-bit FFMS2 is a C-interface plugin. You have to use LoadCPlugin, not LoadPlugin.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:37 pm

ohh xD thanks it works now |:>
Still better than that MMO.

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:58 pm

mirkosp wrote:There are better denoisers than deen available as 64bit, though... http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1374605
HQDN3D, TTempSmooth, DFTTest, RemoveGrain, FFT3DFilter, and FFT3DGPU are all there. Deen is a detail killer and should be avoided. Actually, HQDN3D is very aggressive and should be avoided too, but it's still better than deen, especially when you lower/remove altogether the temporal denoising (tends to introduce temporal artifacts with it, in my experience).
Oh nice, thank you!

What do you suggest I use (and at what settings) out of the ones you listed? My last script used "Deen("w3d",3,3,5)".

I also can't use toon anymore. Anything equivalent or better to replace it?
ImageImage
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:08 am

Seeing that those deen settings are generally used to remove the grain in excess (please note: grain is not a defect, so you shouldn't just mindlessly remove it as the avtech suggests), I think ttempsmooth is possibly the best one out of those. Default settings, or even lowered strength will do. Removegrain(mode=1) also comes highly recommended for this purpose, possibly more than ttempsmooth, actually.

As for toon, I personally dislike it since it doesn't allow for proper source tweaking so depending on the case it's not enough (rarely), or actually too much (most often). When I need to do some slight sharpening/line darkening I tend to be pleased by the results EE achieves (I tend to use it combined with another sharpener if sharpening itself is needed, though), so I'll suggest that. I think it just requires the masktools, and you should have those for 64bit avisynth.

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks for all your help, mirkosp. I'm not good when it comes to all of this stuff so I am pretty much just following what the AV Tech guide tells me. =X

I will play around with ttempsmooth, removegrain, and EE when I get the chance. I'll also take a look at the article you linked to get a better understanding of grain.

Thanks again. ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “AviSynth Help”