Automatic script generation

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Cannonaire
Org Profile

Automatic script generation

Post by Cannonaire » Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically generate AviSynth scripts for a batch of files, and if so if you can specify some lines to be added to all of them. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did try a few searches and I couldn't find anything.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Automatic script generation

Post by mirkosp » Fri May 28, 2010 7:46 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 45&t=88059

That thread holds a few solutions, I think Phantasmagoriat's might be the best one for what you're looking for. Or perhaps something else, I dunno. But yeah, it's kinda hard to find... maybe I should sticky it...

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Thank you.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm

There are some online perl scripts for doing this and other things, you'd probably need to ask someone in Darkhold for links though. I know there is one for insertsign() that could be easily modified to load sources. You could probably even make a small batch file for it. I just use shell one liners to do this kind of thing, echo and directed output is good enough.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 pm

oh yeah, I remember writing that :awesome:
although when I think about it now, it might be easier to just learn a few DOS commands.
[assuming you are running windows] you can simply tell your computer:

"for all of the files of the type specified, print *blah* to an avisynth script with the same name"

Code: Select all

SET TYPE=avi
mkdir SCRIPTS
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo avisource("..\%%f") 	          >  "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo trim(2158,31888)                 >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo killaudio() 				         >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo changefps(29.97)                 >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo converttoyv12()                  >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo crop(8,0,-8,0)                   >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo spline36resize(848,480)          >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo gradfun2db()                     >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
for %%f in (*.%TYPE%) do echo limitedsharpen(strength=50)      >> "SCRIPTS\%%f.avs"
and it's easy to see which part you need to copy/modify if you want to make changes.
-Just paste this into a .txt file, and change it to .bat
-Then run it in the same folder that contains your files

I should note that a single ' > ' overwrites any old scripts whereas ' >> ' adds a new line
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm

That's enormously useful, Phantasmagoriat. It's pathetic how little I know about DOS commands for how long I've been using windows computers. Thanks for your help, everyone.

Return to “AviSynth Help”