Drama Videos 1 – Pathos, Poignancy

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Drama Videos 1 – Pathos, Poignancy

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:01 am

This thread is for recommending the very best drama amvs that try to create a feeling of pathos or poignancy - e.g. a video about the theme of loss.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:19 am

A bit old, and old-school style, but still one of the best GotF AMVs ever made.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:59 am

Note that I copied and pasted the first one from the VCA forums since that forum is going to get removed once the contest is over. But anywho.....

I have NEVER seen such a touching and emotional video of Full Moon wo Sagashite, and this video actually made a serious impact in my heart. Plus Queen is awesome especially when they did the soundtrack for Highlander!

One of my all-time favorite drama video because of it's simplicity. That simplicity was able to exceptionally convey the relationship between Mikako and Noboru and how depressing it is to be seperated.
ImageImage

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:00 pm

I absolutely adore this video - most of the effects are rather simple, but the message that's conveyed is very touching and depressing at the same time. The quality of the video is excellent considering it was made with fansubs, and although it isn't really "action-synched", it follows the lyrics perfectly. As stated in the video description: "This isn't a fast paced fast cute video it's more typical in nature but with an artistic side to it."

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:07 am

Let's just say that the first time I saw this on the big screen at a con, I couldn't keep my jaw off the floor and I had to constantly prevent myself from crying. Typing this up, I have just now erased what I was going to say at least three times. I realized that I can't summarize how great this is in mere words.
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:37 am

Unfortunateley most of my favorite drama amvs tend to be very show based, meaning only a select few fans of the show will really understand it. However I'll try to suggest one(s) that are not.

As the world crashes down speaks to the humanitarian in all of us.

Requim for a Nightmare is a great suspense amv.

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:38 pm

A short video, but very effective at showing what the series is about.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

ShivaBlizzard8
Org Profile

Post by ShivaBlizzard8 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:32 am

I absolutely love the vid "Sick, Mad World" by Roccket. It uses a rarely seen anime called Paranoia Agent and is a really creepy video which reeks of everything sad - depression, madness, frustration with the world. . . definately worth checking out.

Also, AustinWang's Dance of the Spirits is an excellent and unique take on FFX, focusing on the pyreflies and the themes of death in the game as opposed to the general Tidus/Yuna relationship story. It uses the main theme from the movie Gladiator (Now We Are Free) as its backdrop, which gives it an awesome feel.
Last edited by ShivaBlizzard8 on Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:05 pm

This is an awesome Wolf's Rain video by a Russian AMV creator. I just recently came across this AMV and I was instantly amazed by the creative way the editor manipulated the storyline and used effects to create a powerful drama vid. By far one of the best Wolf's Rain vids I've seen.
ImageImage

silmeluin
Org Profile

Post by silmeluin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:38 am

a beautiful but relatively unknown evangelion video by Purelyshin. truly moving.

"This was probably the best AMV that I've had ever seen, as that not only did the video clips match and anticipate the sequences of the music, but the overall concept is just mind blowing. Though as much tired as I am of Evangelion music videos, I feel this stands out the best of them all."

Return to “Recommended AMVs”