Japanese Game Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Japanese Game Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:53 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarliy use video sources taken from non-Final Fantasy Japanese video games such as Kingdom Hearts.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:32 am

A classic game music vid is Punistation's Lainstation AMV
Last edited by Knowname on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:06 am

Awesome action video using LOTS of our favorite RPG games (even though the quality sort of fluctuated). I believe this is the one they showed in our club.
ImageImage

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am

To put this quite simply, if you liked 'EXCALIBUR', you will like this one. The editing style is similar, and the song is the identical edit that Sammy used...or rather, created. Still, this is by far the best KH video out there, so it is definitely worth the download.

Honestly, I debated suggesting this one for a long time. It may seem relatively un-amazing to those who don't know the game, and the awful video quality can also be misleading. However, for those who know Silent Hill 2, this video captures the haunting story like no other. It even uses spoken clips from the game, which can be a hazard sometimes. However, they are so well-placed that you can't help but admire it. So, if you can look past what may seem like "flaws," you'll see a truly great video in Broken Psalm.

Game: Chrono Cross
Music: Nine Inch Nails - "Even Deeper"
Creator: [unknown]
Title: [unknown]

Despite my searching, I don't seem to find this video in the .org database. However, if you do stumble across this gem, be sure to give it a look. It takes CC from a very dark perspective, and executes it beautifully.

Game: Halo
Music: The Matrix - Opening Sequence
Creator: [unknown]
Title: [unknown]

Another video unfortunately not on the .org. This isn't a music video, per se, but more of a recreation of a sequence in the Matrix. This person (or people) obviously spent painstaking hours doing each and every scene from the first five minutes of the original Matrix movie IN HALO. Even the nametags above the characters are correct. This video is mindblowing, and if you can find it, don't pass up the chance to watch it.

The main reason I would push for this video isn't just for the good beat and mood sync. The outstanding point on this one is the interesting and highly creative use of effects. If you've seen Fynjy's "Noise" video to Final Fantasy VIII and liked it, this might be up your alley, too.

If you get any RE video on the site, make it THIS ONE. While I'm sure that this video is listed elsewhere (and rightly so), I'm going to give it a proper home here. Just solid editing and a great sense of pacing. Not much more to say, other than "watch it. Now."

An eerie song like this just begs to have an equally creepy video put to it. evilspider answered that call. To go along with its great beat and mood sync, this video also uses effects creatively. Furthermore, this is a great video for introducing people to the unnerving weirdness that is Silent Hill. While it does have some spoilers, it captures the nature of the games well.

The video that won third place in my contest, this is just a really solid video. Also, rather than focusing so much on the action aspect of PE, it goes more into the story. The song makes this apparent, since it's about a relationship between two people (in this video's case, Aya and Eve).

- dj_ultima_the_great
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:05 pm

I'm not a big gamer, and although Kingdom Hearts has been on my list of games to play in the future, I've yet to play it. Regardless of the fact that I knew nothing about the footage, the video comes across with an incredible amount of emotion, more than I've seen in many anime music videos. The footage quality suffers from being captured gameplay sequences, but only upon 100th reviewal, since the first 99 times are simply letting the tears flow. Warning: This video will most likely make you cry. Overall, it's a very powerful video, and probably the best Japanese game video I've ever seen.

Decoy
Org Profile

Post by Decoy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:56 pm

This is probably the best Game vid I’ve ever seen. It has insanely good synch and top notch editing. The song choice is just awesome too.

Awesome Metal song, great editing.and wrrrryyyyy internal synch. Good stuff.

Slifter
Org Profile

Post by Slifter » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:27 am

These videos are for dating sims rather than RPGs but they are amazing.

VicBond007's Believe has some truely impressive editing. Although Kanon is a H-game you is careful to keep the AMV clean. It also helps to be able to read japanese as a little of it pops up. Even if you don't be sure to take a look at it anyways.

shine@G2's Reccolection is flat out amazing. Its fairly obvious that this guy has real life CG experence. If you like this one take a look at his other movies. The gfx opening is a small but potent demonstration of his skills.

Xie
Org Profile

Post by Xie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:23 am

"Tales" by Yorae. Beautiful amv with differents fantasy games, and a japanese song.

Brave_Hearts.Exe
Org Profile

Post by Brave_Hearts.Exe » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:38 am

I like this video, its pretty good for those who are big fans of the Phoenix Wright game series. Good lip Sync, use of effects, and again the video got me sold.

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:36 pm

Yorea gets one from me as well, since Tales already got a mention.

This is hands down the best video done to the Suikoden series. It is one of the few that don't rely on downloaded footage (a good portion of the cutscenes from the games are on Japanese only releases) and she makes the song fit the footage.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”