Old-School Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Old-School Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:41 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that were made in the years before AnimeMusicVideos.org was created (approximately pre-2001)

Some of these videos used 2 VCRs or older capturing and editing methods but are still very competent videos.

Some of these videos may not have Video Information pages or obvious places to download them but that doesn't mean that they should not be recommended. Give as much information as you can.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

gundamzuki
Org Profile

Post by gundamzuki » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:28 am

I've always been a fan of Vlad Pohnert's work. When you like a video, but neither the anime nor the song used, it says a LOT for the creator.

This is not that video. I like the song and the anime. And for two VCR, this is definately good. Well timed and nicely put together. Go Vlad.
"There is the Real World, and it is nice. And then there's math." -Prof. Bevelaqua, U. of N. Dakota, Grand Forks

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Post by OtakuOutpost » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:37 am

The first video I ever saw:

Title: "Right Now"
Anime: "Macross: Ai - Oboetei masu ka? (Summer 84)"
Music: Van Halen - "Right Now"
Creator: Brad Kelly (Kyuketsuki Productions)
Year: 1993

Sadly it was LD to Reel and not digitized by it's creator for download. I luckily snagged a tape from him at Anime America Con. At one point I capped it and put it to VCD format and uploaded to the original one stop shop AMV FTP server (known lovingly as Hawaii's) which is no longer in existence. Several people mirrored the ftp server over it's existence (including Omar Jenkins and Patrick Bohnet) so there's chance it may still exist somewhere.

EDIT:
Found a copy of it and posted it temporarily on my website:

Download it Right Now

It's one of the first good action videos and even having been edited by reel it would still hold up in competition today.

Other highly recommended pre-org videos include everything Kevin Caldwell, Joe Croasdaile (Maboroshi Studios), Brad DeMoss, Tim Park (Doki Doki), Hsien Lee (Kusoyaro), Nic Neidenbach, Patrick Bohnet, Hawaii, Lee Thompson, Anna Exter, and the previously mentioned Vlad Pohnert.

That list is the varitable who's who of recognizable pre-org AMV creators. If I missed anybody, I'm terrribly sorry.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 459">Visit My Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.otakuoutpost.com">Otaku Outpost dot Com</a>

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:30 am

There's an old video to Ranma and I still haven't found what I'm looking by U2 but it has no identification on it and a super search shows nothing. This video has perfect scene matching.

500 miles by the pretenders to ranma 1/2-this is not the version by Greasy weasel productions but a better edited video with better video quality. I was disapointed when I found out that the greasy weasel version wasnt the one I wanted.

Any chance of gettting a proxy account for Cko beavers videos? I recomend all of his stuff.
bad video quality poor sound quality but excellent video.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:05 pm

Seconding Bobby "C-ko" Beaver. He had some fantastic work in the early days...

The two that stick out in my mind are The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" set to Kiki's Delivery Service and Sting's "Fields of Gold" set to Laputa, but I can't remember if there was some Nausicaa in it or not...

Shoot, I need to go dig in the basement and see if I still have my VHS copy of these.

Oh, and I'll go ahead and ding myself, but this subforum needs more traffic!

Syaoran of the Light
Org Profile

Post by Syaoran of the Light » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Title : Beloved
Author : Dannypoo
Anime : DBZ

click Here to download it

(1 of the best vids ive seen so far on old school :D)

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:06 pm

If you can get to 'em, try any vids by Corn Pone Flicks. The've rocked hard over the years.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

janus85
Org Profile

Post by janus85 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:43 pm

Old time classic. Took my breath away when I saw it, so many years back. Ah the good old days. :roll:

beau kang
Org Profile

Post by beau kang » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:04 pm

There was one dont to Sammy Hagars "Remember the Heroes" and it had TMNT, Voltron, Thundercats, G.I.Joe, Transformers and Zelda. He called it
Disposable Gundams
Turn the Page Spike
Demon Battles
Keep you're nose to the grindstone, it sharpens your buggers.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm

The first video I ever saw was Silence by Feanor done to Delerium's Silence. For using a video game, it was edited supurbly.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”