Romance Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Romance Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:39 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that are about (or create) romantic stories or romantic relationships.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:24 am

This one just utterly charmed me at last year's Anime Boston. Simple editing, excellent choice of catchy under-noticed song, tells a story. The kind of AMV I just can't seem to find anymore. I highly recommend it!

Tom

shishlik
Org Profile

Post by shishlik » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:43 am

a great Dramatic Romantic video featuring Van and Hitomi's relationship.
ofcourse they aren't that open but still at the very end you could really see they both matures alot and are aware of their deelings toward each other.
The editing in this is great, scenes match, music compliments the idea of it and the effects are nice.
as you can see, im not very good at recommending romantic AMVs but still i personnaly enjoy this vid very much and recommend it to anyone who loves romantic videos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this video is the best i've seen for Ai Yori Aoshi
the editing isn't too fast and isn't too slow,
the rhythm is just right with the music and the video is very true to the series.
the AMV is in very good quality(maybe the best i've seen) and one of the most perfect masterpieces i've seen on this site, and i've seen many.
i recommend this also, this vid demonstrates how a romantic video should be made.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm

Edit: Ok note to self, read big conspicuosly posted rules before posting ;p

Ok let me make this post confirm to the rules:

I second Silver_moon's I'll meet you as one of my absolute best Romance video I've seen so far for this year, but I'll also add my all time favorite:

Reasoning: The mood of the song fits the characters and relationshio of Vhan and Hittomi to the letter, and Dwchang does an excellent job of simple but precise and effective editing to tell the story from start to finish in a very heartwarming and romantic way. This in itself is a feat since The characters actually have very little scenes that are purely romantic in the anime, and never actually kiss. This is my all time favorite romance video period.
Last edited by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] on Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Reasoning: Working with extremely limited footage, bakadeshi manages to tell a side story extremely well. The description of 'high energy romance' is right on. This is one of those rare videos that makes you want to dance while feeling sappy.

No, I'm not baised in any way. Really!

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:38 am

I think this is a great romantic video. Ive never seen this Anime but i got the mood of the romance between the two of them really easily. One of the best romance videos ive seen, with a bit of action.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:57 pm

Oooh Kalium beat me too AOLS... it's a much better Romance than it's namesake imo, whereas that's a great character profile.

also SNHKnive's Forever is how Rahxephon is supposed to be done o.0 character profile or romance, I can't decide.

And this is how Linkin Park videos are supposed to be, NOT Linkin Ball rejects. Kevorkian's Ah! Megami Sama - Crawling. Unfortunateley he had to steal footage ;p but moralitys aside.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:19 pm

The one and only video that got a real romantic feeling out of me. Nothing more to be said :up:

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:10 am

Here are a few of what I think are the best romance videos out there :

That video is a real love anthem. It used the medley love song from the Moulin Rouge OST and mix several romances scenes with a perfect use of lip synching. This theme of this video is strong and it feels like it's throwing love out of the screen to you. Great video.

A romantic video using FLCL, not something we're use to see. The editing is great and the use of effects contribuates to give a strong romantic mood to the video .

That video uses the movie Whisper of the heart, which isn't known as he should be. A great romance video, the song is perfectly used to give great feelings. There again, greet job.

Unfortunately, it's not up for download, though that's a great romance video using the anime Hoshi no koe and the song Come what May from the Moulin Rouge OST once again. Simple editing but great emotions, shivers guaranteed with this one.

loganwolvy
Org Profile

Post by loganwolvy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:41 am

I love this AMV. I found the intro to be brilliant. I never, never would have thought of that as a way to tackle both the guitar and the drums. Plus, I really felt moved by the editting. A very fine job.

I saw this one at the 2003 AWA, and my friend that I went with was visibly moved. It's a great song by a great band, and this AMV reflects it. Great stuff here.
~ Qaeadar D'Azeal

Return to “Recommended AMVs”